Some bla bla bla

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

Some bla bla bla

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I read a little about the guitar's origin and what it is called in different languages. In Swedish it is called gitarr
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Some bla bla bla

Post by 12bar »

Add an "e", and you have the German one: Gitarre. guitar_fire::

Yupp, very quiet here. I've finished most of the static content, now I have to integrate the forum into the cms for a consistent layout. Sometimes I get some page not found errors I have to fix, but I'll check it all before the final change.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Oki doki. Then I learned something about the German language.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Wish I had time to post more here just now - think I've got about 5 spare minutes a day. :wall:

There's a good similarity in the word guitar in a lot of countries.
1) The Gu.... ones:-
Guitar - Danish / UK
Guitarra - Portuguese / Spanish
2) The Gi.... ones:-
Gitaar - Dutch
Gitara - Croatian / Polish
Gitár - Hungarian
Gitar - Indonesian / Malay / Norwegian / Turkish
3) The Ch.... ones
Chitarra - Italian
Chitară - Rumanian
4) The Ky (or Ki) ones:-
Kytara - Czech
Kitara - Finnish

But all quite similar.

Good luck with fixing those page not found errors Gerd. :fingerscrossed:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote:Add an "e", and you have the German one: Gitarre. guitar_fire::

Yupp, very quiet here. I've finished most of the static content, now I have to integrate the forum into the cms for a consistent layout. Sometimes I get some page not found errors I have to fix, but I'll check it all before the final change.

:wink: I may be quiet, but still around and reading/listening looking.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
sunrise

Post by sunrise »

I`ve been browsing silently here from time to time. And meanwhile I was working on my latest project.
It`s a japanese Precision-bass copy from 1972 that I have refinished and set up so I can play it. I used a small belt sander and sandpaper to remove the thick black acrylic finish off the guitar`s body. Then I coloured it with watercolours and let it dry for a few weeks. After that I spray-painted it with several ultrathin layers of clear acrylic laquer to fix the paint job. It looks nicer now. You can still feel the wood structure through the finish which feels kinda silky-smooth. I have reassembled and set it up for playing now with Rotosound roundwound strings on it. It has a maple neck with a maple fretboard glued to it and no frets at all, so it will be difficult to play on it because it also lacks the fret markers many fretless basses have. There are just a few tiny black ebony dots aside the fretboard, nothing more. It was made by the Sunrise company in Japan who afaik made no more than 400 guitars and basses before they were sued and shut down. It was a mid-priced model when it came out the owner of the shop where I bought it told me. You could get this one brandnew for 800 Deutschmarks back in the 70s. So it cost less than a Fender original. At 8 pounds weight it isn`t that heavy. When I bought it I paid 450€ for it. I bought it because I always wanted to have a fretless bass guitar and it somehow appealed to me. It had a black body when I got it and I soon decided to refinish it into something more pleasing which it is now. I have also bought an instruction book - "Bluesbass" by Jack Bruce to go with it. It is aimed at the beginning bass player and contains a CD with takes of all the different exercises and seven playalongs where you can jam to a Blues band minus the bass player. I hope that this will also help my guitar playing which is stuck in a rut between "Looking Good" by Magic Sam and endless riff noodling à la sunrise. :icon_whoknows:
Music isn't just learning notes and playing them, You learn notes to play to the music of your soul.
-Katie Greenwood