Calling VikingBlues!

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
Blindboy

Calling VikingBlues!

Post by Blindboy »

Hey VB, I just found out that a band is supposed to be playing in North Berwick tonight. They aren't blues, western swing and gypsy jazz, but they are phenomenal musicians. They are a three piece (guitar, bass, fiddle) fronted by a lovely female fiddler who is world class. They are called Hot Club of Cowtown. If you can check them out, they are well worth it. Great all acoustic music.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Re: Calling VikingBlues!

Post by VikingBlues »

Afraid I encountered this post too late Blindboy - thanks for the post - I appreciate the thought! :D

Libe music and North Berwick don't usually go together (unless you count the Pipe Band). I'll admit it's so infrequent that there might be anything of interest that I've given up looking.

I've just had a look at some of Hot Club of Cowtowns music on YouTube (what a great invention for finding out about new music). Fine musicians all.

I see their gig was part of the "Fringe by the Sea" which is connected to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Maggie Bell and her blues band were part of that "Fringe by the Sea" event when I saw their gig a couple of years back .... though it was a bit disappointing with that one that they had to cut their set short because of noise levels and some local curfew agreement .... you'd have hoped the organisers would have known about / been made aware of that before the night of the gig. Sort of thing that puts you off going again. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Re: Calling VikingBlues!

Post by Blindboy »

I was afraid it was too late... But I had to try. These folks are soooo good. I have seen them several times and met then on a couple of occasions. I saw "North Berwick" on their post and thought... "I know a guy who lives there!" You would have enjoyed their set... they are "VERY good.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"