To buy or not to buy this guitar

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

To buy or not to buy this guitar

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I just fishing for comments on this guitar http://www.thomann.de/se/epiphone_shera ... dd8b313e75. Do any one have some excperians whit this piece ? I'm interested becouse I thinking of buying it and want som response from people how have played on this guitar. I have never played it my self. :shy:
Blindboy

Re: To buy or not to buy this guitar

Post by Blindboy »

Epiphone Sheratons are excellent guitars. DeaconBlues, who plays with our band on Monday nights plays one and I have played it. It is very nice. Killer tone, great neck, very playable. I love thin hollowbody guitars, and this is a great version.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

Blindboy wrote:Epiphone Sheratons are excellent guitars. DeaconBlues, who plays with our band on Monday nights plays one and I have played it. It is very nice. Killer tone, great neck, very playable. I love thin hollowbody guitars, and this is a great version.
I trust you BB. That means I'm purchase it. I was amblvalent but no more. Thank's, man.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

I have a Sheraton II and i like it a lot.
Nice playing, great tone and it makes playing very easy (if you know the notes :whistle: )

I will say buy it, you won't be sorry :handshake:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Lately I've tried a brand new Sheraton II, actually I was also comparing it to other semi hollows.
The Sheraton is quite nice for its price range, I am not sure if it was something special but the
sales man said it had some '57 classic pickups, in fact the epiphone version of the Gibson 57
classic humbuckers.

The pickups sounded very nice, lets say close to a 335 :fingerscrossed: .
On the other side, I think for hollow body guitar it is way recommended to try before buying.
Neck curvature, action, setup, humidity, B choice .... You know what I mean.
I'm sure thomann has a return policy but what a hassle when something is not like you expected.

I don't think there is a huge difference of price between a local store and Thomann.
At least where I live, the price is the same online as at the local store.
Jan 15th 2007
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

Never tried one, but it looks like a very nice guitar for the money. The sunburst looks great.
MichaelRobinson

vancouverois wrote:Lately I've tried a brand new Sheraton II, actually I was also comparing it to other semi hollows.
The Sheraton is quite nice for its price range, I am not sure if it was something special but the
sales man said it had some '57 classic pickups, in fact the epiphone version of the Gibson 57
classic humbuckers.

The pickups sounded very nice, lets say close to a 335 :fingerscrossed: .
On the other side, I think for hollow body guitar it is way recommended to try before buying.
Neck curvature, action, setup, humidity, B choice .... You know what I mean.
I'm sure thomann has a return policy but what a hassle when something is not like you expected.

I don't think there is a huge difference of price between a local store and Thomann.
At least where I live, the price is the same online as at the local store.
Here in Sweden guitars are expensive so I think the local dealer is to expensive to me. I buy it becouse I now Epiphone sounds good and I trust them and the response I got from people in this tread. I allso think the build of the guitar is very close to the original Gibson. I have an LP-copy that is built with precision so I don't think there is an issue with purchase on line. I don't expect it to be a Gibson but rather close to one.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

As you know I have one (sunburst, too) and I'm very happy with it. Search the forum (the old one, too) and you'll get a lot of info about.
I also order from Thomann often and they have fair prices. Pay one EUR more and you'll get an amp and a case: Kreativa Paket #90
MichaelRobinson

12bar wrote:As you know I have one (sunburst, too) and I'm very happy with it. Search the forum (the old one, too) and you'll get a lot of info about.
I also order from Thomann often and they have fair prices. Pay one EUR more and you'll get an amp and a case: Kreativa Paket #90
No. I didn't know you have a Epiphon Cheraton but now I know.

I tryed to order the creative package but it cost more than one EUR more so I stick to a guitar , koffert and guitar strap security locks, and I realy don't need an amp more. I have two allready and I use only one so to me it's unnecesry to buy an other one.

I do order from Thomann often. I like the fast service and, as you say, the fair prices they have on gutitars and guitar gear. :music2:
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Funny - on the page it says 499,- EUR but when you click it it's 549,- :think:
Drop them a note - maybe you'll get it for 499...
MichaelRobinson

12bar wrote:Funny - on the page it says 499,- EUR but when you click it it's 549,- :think:
Drop them a note - maybe you'll get it for 499...
I noticed that the real price was higher too. I don't work at Tomann so I do not know anything and I don't want some extra stuff so I order the usual way by picking item after item as it suits me.
No. I don't drop them a note. It's not in my interest to do that. I think the price depends on what gear you want.

I buy the guitar