Joined A Band

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MikeJackal

Joined A Band

Post by MikeJackal »

Well I haven't been around to post much lately and struggled to keep up to date with all the posting. Just thought I would let you know my bit of news that I joined a band.
I've made good friends with a guy from the music support group and we have decided to start at it properly. We both play guitar and we have another guy from the group who is a drummer, he also plays keyboard as well so will come in handy when we record some stuff. We don't have a bass player yet but as we are only just starting out we don't need one yet, we'll get one as we need one.
Luckily the other guitarist Eddy likes the same stuff as me and rather than just be another cover band we are aiming to do original songs and some more obscure covers of old blues songs, my version of I've got a mind to give up living for example.
Our plan is to first work on 3-4 songs and get them tight before adding another song in a few week, then another song a few weeks later etc.
I'm really excited and our first practice session is on Tuesday at the same practice room where the group is held.
As soon as we get any demo stuff recorded I will post it here.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
Blindboy

Re: Joined A Band

Post by Blindboy »

:thumbsup:
Glad to hear it. You will have fun, and your playing will mature. Looking forward to hearing you guys.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Great news - must be great anticipation for you. Wishing you the best of luck with this venture - you have way more than enough talent for it to work. :thumbsup:

I too will look forward to hearing you all at some point.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

That's great news, Mike! :clap: Good luck. You certainly have the talent and chops.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. A big part of me gaining the confidence to be able to play publicly is down to you, all the encouragement and comments on my recordings really gave me that first step on to the ladder.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green