Gravitating BT

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Gravitating BT

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Ok folks.

I found me a new challenge... this is a version of the BT I'm going to work with/on.

Gerd, If you feel this upload may cause problems, delete it and tell me so please :)
Attachments

gravity BT.mp3 - (5.48 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Gravitating BT

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Strummer07 wrote:Great track HBL .......

If you could remove all the vocals ....its a pretty decent organ BT ...............which then, as an instrumental might be very hard to recognise.
Delete this note ....and no-one will know !! :D
Darn, did I leave the voice in ? I'll change the bt to the one I'm using... just a minute
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

My fingers are permanantly crossed HBL !!

Its creating havoc with my guitar playing !!

this is a good BT ......and so bland that you wouldn't have a clue of its origin

I'd call it something else .....just to be safe
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Newton's apple

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

MHh, I seem to have been making a big editing mistake.... deleting a post in stead of editing it.... sorry Strummer, happened unintentional :/

Seem to be an off day for music to, I fooled around using the BT and... well my guitar sound is nice, the idea's are mediocre ( I keep hearing "I've got deams... dreams to remember")
Well if ya wanna hear HBL on a off day..., have fun, just remember I'll do better when I've grown up :oldie:

download/file.php?id=793
Attachments

Newtons apple.mp3 - (2.98 MiB)

2WheelsOfBlues

Re: Newton's apple

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote: Well if ya wanna hear HBL on a off day..., have fun, just remember I'll do better when I've grown up :oldie:
If i played that by now i'll wil be very pleased, that for sure :big_smile:

I like it a lot, and that in a few minutes :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Seem to be an off day for music to, I fooled around using the BT and... well my guitar sound is nice, the idea's are mediocre ( I keep hearing "I've got deams... dreams to remember")
Well if ya wanna hear HBL on a off day..., have fun, just remember I'll do better when I've grown up :oldie:
Your guitar sound is indeed ... well nice is not strong enough a word ... sonorous, soulful and tasteful. :thumbsup:

It is a bit of a blank canvas with the BT - you have so many places to go with it. Like Kenworth I like what you've done so far, but it seems like it's a BT that you can keep going back to and evolving and changing your lead into something that you do like if you need. I look forward to hearing what happens. Keep listening to what the music in your head is trying to tell you - and give yourself some sleep time for your brain to work on it while you don't need to.

"Newtons Apple" eh - you'll need to remember to play that with the appropriate gravity. :lol:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Kenworth900 wrote: If i played that by now i'll wil be very pleased, that for sure :big_smile:
Thanks Kenworth, you'll be getting there soon, you are making great progress
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote: "Newtons Apple" eh - you'll need to remember to play that with the appropriate gravity. :lol:
Thanks VB, I've got 4 songs to work on, enough to keep me busy :wink:

Maybe I should call the next version Leonardo's dream :aha:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Well done Hans, your guitar tone is awsome! :thumbsup:

I gave it a shy try, it's a JM song I like and I wish I could add some singing to it.
Just dreaming, may be one day :rofl:
download/file.php?id=800
Attachments

Just noodling
Falling_noodles.mp3 - (1.82 MiB)

Jan 15th 2007
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Guys how do you do that??? :icon_whoknows:

Your playing like its written somewhere.
I also tríed it one time, but got stuck at the first line :wall: yes, sometimes I get frustrated about it.

Vancouverois your guitar sounds very nice. :thumbsup: i like the sound.
And that singing/, well maybe some day..........
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

vancouverois wrote:I gave it a shy try, it's a JM song I like and I wish I could add some singing to it.
Nice shot at it with some lovely tones VC. :thumbsup: :clap:
Not an easy one to do - there's so much blank canvas on the BT that so much of the success of playing along with the BT sits with the guitar part. Also teh BT doesn't do a lot in the way of "prompts" as to what direction your guitar playing and choice of notes should go.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

vancouverois wrote:Well done Hans, your guitar tone is awsome! :thumbsup:

I gave it a shy try, it's a JM song I like and I wish I could add some singing to it.
download/file.php?id=800
SWEET, good one Chris, amazing tone. :clap:
Only one remark... take your time for the spaces
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Both of these are VERY nice. Beautiful tone and sweet playing. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Thanks guys, really appreciated!
Jan 15th 2007
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Been far too long since i last posted anything on this site, but as i happen to really like this song i did a little mess around recording to share with the group. Recorded in Guitar Rig 4 with my Lefty Les Paul. I really love the sweetness you can get out of this song. I didn't use the backing track posted i used another i found online elsewhere (hope that's ok!).
I've been playing a little over three years now so my choice of notes is pretty basic and sticks around the normal scale formats, but i think it sounds ok. Thanks for listening!
download/file.php?id=851
Attachments

Gravity Jam.mp3 - (4.28 MiB)

"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Lynyrd77Skynyrd wrote:Been far too long since i last posted anything on this site, but as i happen to really like this song i did a little mess around recording to share with the group. Recorded in Guitar Rig 4 with my Lefty Les Paul. I really love the sweetness you can get out of this song. I didn't use the backing track posted i used another i found online elsewhere (hope that's ok!).
I've been playing a little over three years now so my choice of notes is pretty basic and sticks around the normal scale formats, but i think it sounds ok. Thanks for listening!
download/file.php?id=851
Your choice of notes is very musical, so it sounds much more than "OK". Sweet tones from your LP, and you've captured a mood, and played a nice lot of "spaces" too. Once or twice there was something Akkerman-ish in your phrasing and tone, which is very much said as a compliment. Some beuatiful bends - and very lyrical in places too. :clap: :thumbsup:
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Lynyrd77Skynyrd you are doeing it very nice, sweet tones thats for sure.

Job well done :clap: :thumbsup:

sorry for my english
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Sounds a good bit more than just 'OK' ...L77S ............nicely played
Great tempo and well phrased.. :thumbsup:
This BT is generating some good results !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I was so impressed after listening and still am, out of words to say.
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

At some points I think I detect some Hank B Marvin alike phrases and dig the h@ll out of them.

So beautiful and well played that it inspired me to play 2nd fiddle :lefty:
Just some quick notes, the first minute or so I don't interfere (had to find the places to go and try and invade lightly)

download/file.php?id=852

Someone DID mention spaces btw :dance:
Attachments

gravity jam 2nd line.mp3 - (4.32 MiB)

MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Holy poopy, i think we have a hit on our hands!
First of all thank you all for your amazing comments, they mean a lot.
And what an honour to have harmonies played by Mr. HBL!

To be honest Hank Marvin isn't particularly high on my list of influences. Although the first song i learned all the way through was Apache.
I think this for me is a mix of the original John mayer obviously, with Peter Green and Gary Moore mixed in. The rest of course is just MEEEEEEEE.
And yes spaces are very important in blues, your trying to paint a picture with the blues, not smash the listener in the face with your easel.
One again many thanks indeed, the praise gives me hope i'm not completely useless.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green