Claptonesque COLLABORATION???

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
cruisemates

Claptonesque COLLABORATION???

Post by cruisemates »

I would love to hear what other people may come up with on this. If you can send me as much of you want of any solo you record that you may like I will compile it into a collaboration. Everybody is welcome to join.

Let me tell you. I recorded me playing this some maybe 20 times before I "got it" - I hated my playing on the first takes. But I adjusted the rhythm of my playing and it started to come together - and after that my playing just plain got better within days.

If you think you can come up with something I hope you try. It will inspire me to think differently as well.

This is the backing track for the song I put up under "My Songs" - I hope you enjoy playing to it.

It is a fast one - sort of Allman Brothers. I suggest you use both the major and minor pentatonic scales (in the key of E ) the minor (blues) one on the 12th fret and the major (more Southern rock) one on the 9th fret - same fingering pattern, just that the root is moved to the 3rd-string 9th fret instead of 4-string 12-fret. (The major E sale is the same finger placements as the c# blues scale - just for those folks who don't know this yet, I'm sure most of you do).
Attachments

mainline-backingTrk.mp3 - (5.66 MiB)

Nathanial

Re: Claptonesque COLLABORATION???

Post by Nathanial »

hey

Where did you get that backing track from?
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

I made the backing track - programmed the drum machine, played all the parts, sang it and recorded it on my protools. The version with my lead playing is under "your songs"

And BTW: I know the rendition isn't perfect, the changeup in the chorus is pretty hard to figure out so I did something that works and sounds close. I think I may know how it really goes, but it is hard to play (frankly) and I have done that part this way for so long its hard to change. we are talking about the end of the chorus where it goes G - F# - F.. F.. F. pulloffs...

If you have a problem with that part just skip ahead to the soloing.
Pena

Post by Pena »

Here are tabs for the song, don't know if it's any help for someone or not, but here goes:
http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/song?id=4841
:lefty:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

Thanks for the TABs! I never had any idea any existed for this song. This song is to me an obsession, but it seems very few other people have even heard of it. Of course Claption didn't write it, he just covered it on a record, but I always thought it was a ripe song for a solo but there is hardly any solo on the record at all. I'm surprised the TAB even mentions one.