D Minor Blues by Althrax

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

D Minor Blues by Althrax

Post by VikingBlues »

This is the BT for the Bad Day blues piece I posted on the forum - I love the tones and colourings on this one.

Althrax was recommended to me on this forum by LzyBlue.

I'd be most interested to hear some othertakes on it.

download/file.php?id=228
Attachments

Blues in D Minor by Althrax
althrax+dminorblues.mp3 - (2.5 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Re: D Minor Blues by Althrax

Post by Strummer07 »

thank VB

Hope you have a chipper weekend comin up !! :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Pena

Post by Pena »

So here goes, with a bit Californian white...you know,,, ok wine. Timing sucks, but my 1st post here is this. Please don't hammer me with a sledge :lol:

download/file.php?id=239
Attachments

althrax+dminorblues Pena2.mp3 - (6.36 MiB)

"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Pena wrote:So here goes, with a bit Californian white...you know,,, ok wine. Timing sucks, but my 1st post here is this. Please don't hammer me with a sledge :lol:
No sledge or hammers needed Pena. Some good note choices. Very bluesy bends and phrasing. :thumbsup:

I have the impression the recording was going into the red a bit and breaking up. But you put across a mood. I think the backing track is good for that, and the mood that comes across can vary depending on the player.

Just listen to Half Blind Lefty's "Little Sister's Lunchtime Jam" thread recently to see what I mean - very different mood yet again. I'm shocked he's only had one comment from 37 views as there's some beautiful playing there.
Pena

Post by Pena »

Thx VB for your post.
Now with really heavy withdrawl symptoms from Californian white... I feel a bit ashamed posting my strum.
Oh well, can live with it :D
About the recording, I didn't do any tweaking in Audacity, just went to recording. That's why it's not in any balance.
Gotto do some homework with Audacity.
HBL and I are from different planets. When he plays, and I close my eyes he paints pictures in my mind with his smooth melodic style :lefty: :thumbsup:
Anyway, now I need a balancing brewery product, or I gotto change in mandolin playing :lol: :beer:
Pena
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote:
Just listen to Half Blind Lefty's "Little Sister's Lunchtime Jam" thread recently to see what I mean - very different mood yet again. I'm shocked he's only had one comment from 37 views as there's some beautiful playing there.
Maybe I'm posting too much lately.. Not commenting to others work enough :think: Or the thing may just be no good at all. :aha:

Ha, I have fun playing and posting so no probs there :dance:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Pena wrote:So here goes, with a bit Californian white...you know,,, ok wine. Timing sucks, but my 1st post here is this. Please don't hammer me with a sledge :lol:

download/file.php?id=239
Now that sound just fine to my ears :thumbsup: Great mood, good choice of notes.
The only thing I can think of is maybe try to keep the input volume a little lower the next time you record something. There is a little clipping going on.

Good job :clap: :thumbsup:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Pena

Post by Pena »

Thank you HBL for your reply.
Yes I know that my recording was not good in any ways.
Yesterday with white wine in my blood, I was going in so high revs, that there was no way I could've done any settings in recording . :cool:
Lived at that time just in the moment, was urgent just to get the feeling recorded :bb:
I'll try improve my manners :whistle:
Pena
Pena

Post by Pena »

Made a new try with LINE6, hope this isn't too loud.
Again few mistakes in playing, looks like with or without brewery products for me it's the same result. :rofl
download/file.php?id=263
Pena
Attachments

althrax+dminorblues Pena5.mp3 - (6.42 MiB)

Last edited by Pena on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Pena wrote:Made a new try with LINE6, hope this isn't too loud.
Again few mistakes in playing, looks like with or without brewery products for me it's the same result. :rofl:

download/file.php?id=256

Pena
The mp3 file seems to be missing :/
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

But - it's playing! :think: How did you do THAT? :icon_whoknows:
Pena

Post by Pena »

12bar wrote:But - it's playing! :think: How did you do THAT? :icon_whoknows:
Heh, heh dunno :icon_whoknows: , but I'm the noobmaster. Nothing seems to be impossible for me :rofl:
"Fixed" it :thumbsup:
Pena
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Pena wrote:
12bar wrote:But - it's playing! :think: How did you do THAT? :icon_whoknows:
Heh, heh dunno :icon_whoknows: , but I'm the noobmaster. Nothing seems to be impossible for me :rofl:
"Fixed" it :thumbsup:
Pena
Not only a master "fixer" but some masterful playing too. :thumbsup: :clap:

There's such a high standard of playing on this site. I love the phrasing on this version Pena - good note choices and played with style. The tone fits the mood and the solo weaves nicely around the BT. Most enjoyable and very "blues". :big_smile:
Pena

Post by Pena »

Thank you VB :wave:
Pena
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:thumbsup:
Sounds nice! Good tone and playing.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Avarage

Post by Avarage »

First post, might as well bring some content with me. A big thanks to the creator of this backing track and to those that maintain and contribute to this site. I've been coming here for a while but have never really had much to say. Anyways, my little take on this track. Slowly trying to work my way out of the old minor pentatonic rut and explore some new notes. Just another young buck trying to learn his way around the fretboard, enjoy.
:whistle:
Attachments

althrax+dminorbluesAvarage.mp3 - (2.5 MiB)

VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Avarage wrote:First post, might as well bring some content with me. A big thanks to the creator of this backing track and to those that maintain and contribute to this site. I've been coming here for a while but have never really had much to say. Anyways, my little take on this track. Slowly trying to work my way out of the old minor pentatonic rut and explore some new notes. Just another young buck trying to learn his way around the fretboard, enjoy.
:whistle:
There's a blast from the forum's past with this great BT - enjoyed your playing on this Avarage. Your playing fits in well with the mood of the BT. Sounds like you've got a pretty good idea of where you're going on that fretboard. :clap:

It'd be interesting to hear a bit about you - and about what gear you have and what you used on this recording. There is a Guestbook section of the forum that's good for that. Look forward to hearing more from you and your guitar. :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: on board! You seem to know the fretboard already well, so you may tell us a bit more of you...
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi Avarage :wave: ... Good Idea to post some playing along with a first post.
Good playing too ....and its definately NOt average! :D
Like the tone .. breaks up nicely.
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Tjena Pena.

You play very well and as sombody else said you play more than average. It's a very good performance from you. It sounds to me ,at least, you know what you are doing. Pleas post more. Youre song inspired me so I hope you have more nice songs in stock.