Slow C blues Collaboration anyone?

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
cruisemates

Re: Slow C blues Collaboration anyone?

Post by cruisemates »

Notes to Blues in Bb - thanks. I admit it was a challenge at first, in truth I am much more rock than blues.

Note to MojoJim....

I found that I had to go with the chord changes because my blues licks really weren't feeling tight enough for this. So my section (and I think the whole song) had two very typical blues changes that aren't standard I IV V

It had a diminished chord ( C- Eb - Gb - A ) which I just played straight forward doing the notes of the chord.

Then it had the "Stormy Monday" change: [ C, Dmin7, Emin7, Ebmaj7 ], which comes in just before the turnaround.
leftyslim

Post by leftyslim »

Notes to self on solo:

4:11 - Uh-oh, backing track's too quiet: gotta turn it up!
4:41 - What was that cool thing with the one tapped note I figured out the other day? I guess I'll try it here.
4:45 - It's wrapping up! Quick, try and throw in that Johnny Winter thing!
4:55 - Think that other Johnny Winter thing would fit in here? Let's try it...
5:00 - Oh... song's over... I'll just stop playing now.

Anyways, that sounded awesome everyone! :beer: :thumbsup: I'll apologize for my lack of sound quality- just my little brother's computer sitting next to me while I played, amp on the floor. I recorded a few licks to get the level sort of right, but nothing other than that. Actually, I kind of like the sound- bad in a good way, maybe... :think:

Weelie, your solo definitely was good- to me it seemed like the backing track kind of 'stepped back' right there, and your playing fit perfectly in with it.

Thanks Neil for organizing it, and to everybody who played- it's been way too long since I've done a collab. Thanks to everyone who listened, too!
"Ayyyyy ayyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyaaaie yaaaaaaie yaaaaaa, yaaa yyie yaaaaie yyaa yyyaaaa"
L. Staley

"And there is no excuse for boredom. I can read and listen to music. How could I ever be bored?"
J. Cunningham
LeftyBlues

Post by LeftyBlues »

Wow..... pardon my language but my part sounded like SHIT.....
I probably should of just done another part to fit into my original part, but i didn't have the time to redo it.
My part sounded alot better when it was played against the original section.
Regardless of my playing, everyone else's was wonderful. Really enjoyed playing this, despite my little mix up :D
weelie

Post by weelie »

LeftyBlues wrote:Wow..... pardon my language but my part sounded like SHIT.....
I probably should of just done another part to fit into my original part, but i didn't have the time to redo it.
My part sounded alot better when it was played against the original section.
Regardless of my playing, everyone else's was wonderful. Really enjoyed playing this, despite my little mix up :D
OK, I'll fess up: My solo I played over the last bit of the BT (Slim's slot). Only realized it after I had played it. Didn't have time for another take, so I just moved it the 40 or so seconds back. Also, as it was first take, and didn't know what to play at one point, so there is an extended silent part there, I had planned to do a dub on the empty bit, but just didn't have time for other takes... so that's why the golden silence there, giving a rest to listener's ears. :D
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and just came across your fantastic collab! All of your different parts were so different, just shows you how many ways you can play. I've been playing just over 2 years now and would love to do one of these collabs with you guys, does anyone feel like doing another one? I have a bunch of different backing tracks in every key and different tempo's. This all depends whether nxsneil would be kind enough to work his editing magic again. Anyways hello to all and i look forward to your replies.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
bluesinbflat

Post by bluesinbflat »

Lynyrd77Skynyrd wrote: does anyone feel like doing another one? I have a bunch of different backing tracks in every key and different tempo's.
Start a collab by choosing a bt and upload it as an attachment. Btw, welcome.
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Lynyrd77Skynyrd wrote:Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum
:welcome: Welcome to the forum.... if you love Blues you are certainly in the right place. Lots of info, help, blues music, anything you want.... :music2:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Lynyrd77Skynyrd wrote:Anyways hello to all and i look forward to your replies.
Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

:welcome:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: to the forum, you WILL have a good time here. :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
DavieGarden

Post by DavieGarden »

Hi, I just joined this/found this forum yesterday and I've just read this thread and listened to the final edit. I must say there's some nice tones in there, the idead of collaboration is great I'll watch out for another one coming soon and join in. It's very interesting to hear other peoples ideas and interpretations of blues solo's I could listen to it all day. I have posted a version of Redhouse in the 'Your songs' part of the forum, have a listen, my name is Davie Garden. :music2:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

DavieGarden wrote:Hi, I just joined this/found this forum yesterday
:welcome: to the forum Davie
DavieGarden wrote:the idea of collaboration is great I'll watch out for another one coming soon and join in.
I've no doubt there'll be one along before too long. I'll look forward to hearing you on it. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
bluesinbflat

Post by bluesinbflat »

Hello and welcome DaveGarden. There are other "collabs" started that hadn't generated much interest, see if they're in your style and if they are please give it a whirl. :big_smile: