SoulBlues G Backing Track

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

SoulBlues G Backing Track

Post by VikingBlues »

I needed a break from driving myself mad looking at Strat parts! Went into my backing tracks collection and .....

From Jamtracks RU. Their backing tracks are available under the description:-
Please remember: ALL these tracks are for home educational use only!

Here's one that I liked:-download/file.php?id=185

And here's one that I made earlier - the Hagstrom again:-download/file.php?id=186

They have a lot of good blues BTs (and lots of other styles) in case any of you don't know of them & are looking for some BTs.
They're at http://www.jamtracks.ru/en/mpjam.html
Attachments

BluesSoul G - Vikings go at the BT
BluesSoulG.mp3 - (2.14 MiB)

SoulBlues G
SoulBlues_G.mp3 - (3.26 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
LzyBlue

Re: SoulBlues G Backing Track

Post by LzyBlue »

:music1: I liked your take on this BT. I've played along with it many times and never thought about doing it like this. (Actually, I like your take more than any I've done.) That's one of the good things about this forum....it can provide new ideas for us old'timers.

Interesting that you found this on jamtracks. This great BT has been around a while. It was supposedly written (played?) by a guy called AllanW .... AKA .... " Althrax " on Soundclick. You can find this BT and many other good ones he wrote here. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu ... dID=771249

Enjoy! :lefty:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

LzyBlue wrote::music1: I liked your take on this BT. I've played along with it many times and never thought about doing it like this. (Actually, I like your take more than any I've done.) That's one of the good things about this forum....it can provide new ideas for us old'timers.

Interesting that you found this on jamtracks. This great BT has been around a while. It was supposedly written (played?) by a guy called AllanW .... AKA .... " Althrax " on Soundclick. You can find this BT and many other good ones he wrote here. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu ... dID=771249

Enjoy! :lefty:
Glad you enjoyed it - thanks LzyBlue - and thanks very much for the link too. :thumbsup: :D
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice work Viking Blues :beer: Sounds a bit like Jimmy Vaughan to me. This is a very nice BT, and its makes my fingers itching.
I give it a try to on the Fender Prodigy.
http://www.box.net/shared/bsqzrns2o3
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: Nice work Viking Blues :beer: Sounds a bit like Jimmy Vaughan to me. This is a very nice BT, and its makes my fingers itching.
I give it a try to on the Fender Prodigy.
http://www.box.net/shared/bsqzrns2o3
Thank you ElMano - I enjoyed this BT and enjoyed playing with it and it turned out in a style I don't usually do. :D

Look forward to hearing your version. I like to compare what different players can do with the same BT. Always something to learn and it's often a surprise just how different two players interpretations will be of the same basically quite simple structure.
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

I separate the links to the file so it is simple to start. The link above contains the whole map. Indeed is it funny to hear what different players do with the same bt.

To access this shared file, visit this link:
http://www.box.net/shared/9n4stopla3
http://www.box.net/shared/f45gjpfxon
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

I too like hearing what others do with the same song.
I did this before really listening to anyone elses version so that I would be uninfluenced. (for what that is worth :roll: )
After listening to HBL's recent track, I thought I would try to keep some kind of theme and variation on that theme going. Not sure how well I pulled it off.
download/file.php?id=189
Attachments

's take.mp3 - (2.17 MiB)

"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Ok, now I have listened to VB's and El Mano's takes and like them both. :thumbsup:
I particularly enjoy the sweet clean tone from that Hagstrom. I can't seem to get a clean tone with the toneport and strat combo that I like :wall:
Very interesting how different each approach to this BT are.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:I too like hearing what others do with the same song.
I did this before really listening to anyone elses version so that I would be uninfluenced. (for what that is worth :roll: )
After listening to HBL's recent track, I thought I would try to keep some kind of theme and variation on that theme going. Not sure how well I pulled it off.
Now - I like that version Bb. :clap:

It did sound as if it was more than just random licks and notes, so I reckon your theme idea was working. More bluesy version than mine, but you are a more bluesy player :bb: , and I do get a kick out of hearing all these different versions. To be honest it's sort of helpful to your own confidence to know that you've managed to do an interpretation that is different and is therefore "your" music, if you get what I mean.

Anyway the listen has cheered me, and that's an achievement late on a Sunday night with work on Monday morning looming large. :yikes:
Blindboy wrote:I particularly enjoy the sweet clean tone from that Hagstrom.
She's playing really sweet just now. I've posted a link in reply to weelie on the gear forum thread "guitar that's a slow burn", the video of Matt Thorpe playing a Viking Deluxe which was the final clincher in my decision to buy it blind - now if I could also get tones like his too ... :drool:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

VikingBlues wrote: To be honest it's sort of helpful to your own confidence to know that you've managed to do an interpretation that is different and is therefore "your" music, if you get what I mean.
I quite agree. You've got to make it your own. Blues is a language with a limited vocabulary, one has to learn to say a lot with a little. :thumbsup:
bluesinbflat

Post by bluesinbflat »

Nice bit 'o blues guitar playing from everyone. :clap:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I'm a bit hesitating to click on that link.
The user comes from nowhere, looks like he/she joined up only to post his link to what is presumed to hold a BT.

Lets be careful out there my friends. I'll report today.

update:
Hey :) My linux system didn't go bererk :)

and
LinkScanner® Online did not find any exploits.
Scanned: Saturday, April 30, 2011
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Terminated... (the user HBL refers to, the post is deleted) :D
Avarage

Post by Avarage »

So I haven't been too much of a participant here on the 12bar forums since joining, but when I listened to the first minute of this BT, it just grabbed me, so I stopped it, hooked up a crappy little mic and replayed it.

It isn't the most polished recording, but there's nothing I love more than when you jam to a new tune for the first time. I've never played to this style... kind of a soul/ragtime vibe, so I was trying new things and messed up a few times. But excuse my mistakes, here's the first take.
download/file.php?id=1116
Attachments

Just my take
SoulBlues_GAvaragetake.mp3 - (2.17 MiB)

VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Avarage wrote:when I listened to the first minute of this BT, it just grabbed me
I know the feeling - great isn't it!!
Avarage wrote:It isn't the most polished recording, but there's nothing I love more than when you jam to a new tune for the first time. I've never played to this style... kind of a soul/ragtime vibe, so I was trying new things and messed up a few times. But excuse my mistakes, here's the first take.
I liked your take on it a lot - it sounded like you were getting more and more into the groove as it went on too. Very good improv for a style you're not used to and after your comment about the crappy mic I was expecting much worse sound quality.

Hope to hear more of your playing. :thumbsup:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Hello folks, just posted a "hello" on the other board as a new member. Was pleased to see this BT as I had tried an attempt at this myself. thought I would share, and say thanks for the awesome info on this board.

tytlblues

download/file.php?id=1147
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King