Slow Bm Blues BT

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Slow Bm Blues BT

Post by VikingBlues »

Some guys on another forum were playing around with this BT - I found it quite an interesting one. Not the usual 12 bar blues chord changes so it can take a few plays to stop the lead playing moving to the notes of a chard that wasn't arriving.
download/file.php?id=176

Here's my take on it. At least it stopped from thinking about strat building for a while!
download/file.php?id=177
Attachments

Viking Blues take on BT
BmSlowBlues.mp3 - (3.54 MiB)

BT from backingtracks.com
jamtracks - bm slow blues.mp3 - (4.43 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
LzyBlue

Re: Slow Bm Blues BT

Post by LzyBlue »

Just FYI - this is a ZZ Top backing track - Blue Jean Blues

Great song.....real good bt. Thanks
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

LzyBlue wrote:Just FYI - this is a ZZ Top backing track - Blue Jean Blues

Great song.....real good bt. Thanks
Thanks for the info Lzy Blue - I didn't know. :thumbsup:

Good to hear what it should have sounded like - I think I prefer their version! :big_smile:

I found it quite a deceptively tricky BT - very slow tempo and quite long spells on one chord - you have to work very hard to keep a melodic thread going.
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi there VB

Well done ....I think you've done as good a job as possible .... and I mean that as a compliment. :D

this is a tough BT to bring alive and whilst I didnt know the ZZtop song .it probably (for me) works better as a song than as an instrumental .

If you count the voice as an extra instument ..it kinda gives the track structure and colour ......without it ........phew ! .. a bit dour and lacking in musicality.

You've got a nice beefy muscular tone on that geetar if yours and you give us some nice little guitar "statements" ......nicely punctuated with the staccato brash distorted chords.

it sounds ike a piece of music froma movie sound track ......Stormy weather ahead !! mean and moody .......tension begining to build.

You are certainly taking on all challenges at the moment :thumbsup:

Not a Bt I'll be rushing to download tho !
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Strummer07 wrote:Hi there VB

Well done ....I think you've done as good a job as possible .... and I mean that as a compliment. :D

this is a tough BT to bring alive and whilst I didnt know the ZZtop song .it probably (for me) works better as a song than as an instrumental .

If you count the voice as an extra instument ..it kinda gives the track structure and colour ......without it ........phew ! .. a bit dour and lacking in musicality.

You've got a nice beefy muscular tone on that geetar if yours and you give us some nice little guitar "statements" ......nicely punctuated with the staccato brash distorted chords.

it sounds ike a piece of music froma movie sound track ......Stormy weather ahead !! mean and moody .......tension begining to build.

You are certainly taking on all challenges at the moment :thumbsup:

Not a Bt I'll be rushing to download tho !
Thanks Strummer. :D

You're right about better as a song and lacking in musicality for an instrumental. It stretched me a lot on trying to get the guitar to sing a tune with it, and I wouldn't have attempted it even just a few months back.

I'd love to be able to keep improving and be able to put a lot more of musical interest into such a piece as well as mood and melody. I was trying to think early Peter Green when I was playing it in the hope that some PG mojo would creep in. :alright:

And it was the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe I used - I've sort of rediscovered it since stringing it with standard D'addario 10s. The Blackstar pedals and Vox Tonelab work nicely in tandem with humbucker guitars too. Oh dear - my Tokai will be getting jealous. :sad:
Strummer07

Peter Greens Mojo

Post by Strummer07 »

Peter Greens Mojo !! Wow !!

Now ..............if I could go down to the Crossroads .....................

I'd love to pick up even a small piece of Peter Greens Mojo and a sliver of his skills and abilty to make the guitar sing and cry, with superb vibrato and wonderful bends .

If I could be super selective and be able to trade for a piece of Peter Greens Mojo from the period 1966-1970 ................

Would I sell my soul to de debil ?? :icon_whoknows:

Be a bloomin tough Call !! :music2:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Just a quick try on it :away:
Raw recording from the soundcard, with all the mistakes :yikes:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9423921
Jan 15th 2007
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Darn, I almost missed the fun.
Great take VB. It shows you are taking giant leaps with your playing ! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
I love how you use the spaces to build your song.

I'll stay away from this one if you don't mind, it's your success enjoy it :)
Looks like I'm going to run behind, I don't play to much lately... :think: mhhh

But I'm working on something :wink:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

vancouverois wrote:Just a quick try on it :away:

Good to see you back here my friend :welcome:
You didn't loose your tone.... it sounds even better then before. I love the track :clap: :thumbsup:
Good to hear all those different musical views on a BT.

Good job

btw what's happening over there :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

vancouverois wrote:Just a quick try on it :away:

Now - I enjoyed that. I love raw and mistakes if the mood is right and you've hit the target. :clap:

You make it sound effortless. :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Darn, I almost missed the fun.
Great take VB. It shows you are taking giant leaps with your playing ! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
I love how you use the spaces to build your song.

I'll stay away from this one if you don't mind, it's your success enjoy it :)
Looks like I'm going to run behind, I don't play to much lately... :think: mhhh

But I'm working on something :wink:
Thank you HBL - I enjoyed the challenge of this one. :D

I feel sort of funny listening back to this - it doesn't seem as if it should be me playing, and I sort of feel I'm being told by what I hear about a musical direction I need to pursue - like I'm on the adge of something new.

I've learnt so much in 8 months here - give me another 8 and I've no idea what I'll be playing.

I'm MOST intrigued by the "something" you're working on. :drool:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

HalfBlindLefty wrote: Good to see you back here my friend :welcome:
You didn't loose your tone.... it sounds even better then before. I love the track :clap: :thumbsup:
Good to hear all those different musical views on a BT.

Good job
Thanks Hans :D
Jan 15th 2007
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

VikingBlues wrote: Now - I enjoyed that. I love raw and mistakes if the mood is right and you've hit the target. :clap:

You make it sound effortless. :thumbsup:
Thanks VB :D
Jan 15th 2007
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

I take the liberty to post my version of this track. The take 1 is the first run a played without listning before and just go with the flow . I give a response on the music in realtime. Take 2 is afther a few trys later and listen to the track a couple of times
So Shoot at it i am curious what you people think of it :oldie: :whistle: :icon_whoknows:

To access this shared folder, visit this link:
http://www.box.net/shared/a3xjbocgol
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote:I take the liberty to post my version of this track. The take 1 is the first run a played without listning before and just go with the flow . I give a response on the music in realtime. Take 2 is afther a few trys later and listen to the track a couple of times
So Shoot at it i am curious what you people think of it :oldie: :whistle: :icon_whoknows:

I think I can hearthe second take has a better mesh with the BT, but there is maybe something to do with the spontaneity of the first take balances it out and I would find difficulty in choosing one or the other as the best. For me the lack of the standard 12 bar chord structure ruled out an immediate attempt at recording - I'm impressed you could do that. :thumbsup:

:aha: I like the more "in your face" blues you play - I can't manage that - I think my version is verging on not being blues at all but just some sort of melodic playing using the blues scale. However this is where my interest seems to be taking me; if so then so be it. I'll just enjoy listening to players like yourself that can do it.

Can you tell me the guitar you used on this track?
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Thanks for your kind comment, I used the Epiphone Genisis custom, true the Digitech into the Peaveay TK0 80 amp. I put the specs of the guitar and some pics from wikipedia in de board on a hot friday afternoon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_Genesis
So if you want you can find it there. Just play on realtime? i dont know how i do it, i am doinig that all my playing life. :icon_whoknows:
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

ElMano wrote:I take the liberty to post my version of this track. The take 1 is the first run a played without listning before and just go with the flow . I give a response on the music in realtime. Take 2 is afther a few trys later and listen to the track a couple of times

Sweet ElMano. I like the first track best this time.
Not that I feel the 2nd is no good.... oh no, just the feel of the first one shines a little more :)
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

I too have a little preference for the 1st take for its spontaneity, good job :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
Pena

Post by Pena »

Here's my hesitant try of the Bm slow blues (BJB), with bad timings and wrong notes :lefty:

download/file.php?id=269

Pena
Attachments

Bm Slow Blues.mp3 - (5.32 MiB)

"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Very well done. Good choice of style and (most) notes. I did not hear to many flaws though.
Good controlled playing.
The only thing that doesn't get the highest score with me is the guitar sound. It's a nice sound, but with this -dark- sounding bt I would have chosen a somewhat moor beefier sound.

Good job, you should post more :)