Spicy Blues Free Backing Track Link

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Spicy Blues Free Backing Track Link

Post by VikingBlues »

Just thought I'd draw your attention to a free BT - 'Spicy Blues' on Guitar Playback.com

http://www.guitarplayback.com/free/spicy-blues-soup
There's a "click here to download the track" link about half way down that page.

I'd rather like to be able to play something like the demo below on it!

LQ4VBIA3JuQ
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Spicy Blues Free Backing Track Link

Post by tytlblues »

OK, VB........you gonna be first to throw down the gauntlet on this BT, it sounds fun!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

If you didn't mind VB, I gave the BT a stab, hopefully I did it justice. I did not watch the demo of the person playing on it beforehand, purposefully, so that I would not get any preconceived notions of anything to imitate. The song's name for the BT came from the fact I had two Vinegar Chili's at work today amongst my lunch of an IN-N-Out burger, and while they were hot, the aftershock was amazing, I thought I was having heartburn!

I also downloaded one of the other free BT's from that site called "Happy Satch Mood", which I was thrilled about, as I am a big fan of Joe Satriani (talked to him twice online, actually. :), and saw him in concert live!), so I decided to include that in this post as well, my efforts on it.

SL2

download/file.php?id=1557

download/file.php?id=1558
Attachments

Thrill of Life
Thrill of Life.mp3 - (1.66 MiB)

Spicy Vinegar Chili Blues
Spicy Vinegar Chili Blues.mp3 - (2.41 MiB)

VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

StratLover2 wrote:If you didn't mind VB, I gave the BT a stab, hopefully I did it justice.
No problem - I don't mind at all. I'm not finding much guitar time just now. :tears:
Fiery and sparky playing from you - must be those spiced up chillis. :thumbsup:
tytlblues wrote:OK, VB........you gonna be first to throw down the gauntlet on this BT, it sounds fun!
See above ...... Might be a while before I get the chance. But I do enjoy David's backing tracks - well over 100 in my collecion last time I looked. :eye_rub:
StratLover2 wrote:I did not watch the demo of the person playing on it beforehand, purposefully, so that I would not get any preconceived notions of anything to imitate.
It's not a bad idea to keep your mind free of other peoples ideas by doing this. Also in my case I might just avoid it as I'd be comparing my playing with somebody light years distant from me in playing skills. I guess he didn't get to be a national jazz contest winner at 22 without some prodigious talent.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!