Unskilled BT in G

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Unskilled BT in G

Post by VikingBlues »

Don't know if anyone can make anything with this. I'm not a bass player, I'm not a rhythm player so it's very amateur and repetitive. Today I'm not a lead player either so the project has stalled - was trying to do an "all me" project on the back of some rhythm practice - maybe be of better use to someone else.

Sound balance seems OK on the Senheiser headphones & hi-fi, but bad on the laptop speakers, but everything does sound bad on them.

Lawrence Fritts Drum only BT 'Ladies'NightBlues' + Hagtrom rhythm + Hofner Bass.

download/file.php?id=1495
Attachments

VB Blues in G
VB Blues BT in G.mp3 - (4.7 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
StratLover2

Re: Unskilled BT in G

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi VB!

A very nice BT if I may so myself that you cobbled together! Your rhythm seemed pretty spot on and nice to me, so I decided to play a bit of lead. Lately, I've been more cautious in how I play lead, trying not to rush things, just play around with emotions a bit, so I start off a lot more mellow than I have been, but I tried to build it up. For some reason, I have a thing where I add some major to my minor playing, so it came out a bit jazzy at times. A good thing, I guess?

I hope it does justice to your fine BT!

StratLover2

download/file.php?id=1498
Attachments

Jazzy Blues
Jazzy Blues.mp3 - (2.94 MiB)

Ron

Post by Ron »

Very nice you know!

gr.

ron
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

StratLover2 wrote:so I start off a lot more mellow than I have been, but I tried to build it up. For some reason, I have a thing where I add some major to my minor playing, so it came out a bit jazzy at times. A good thing, I guess?
You do more mellow very well - and great lead playing which really locks into the BT. Major / minor switches work really well in a blues if done properly like here - the build up works well and your variations certainly keep this listener interested. :clap: :clap:

I'm glad someone got some good use out of this BT.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks VB!

To be utterly honest, listening a day later after the actual recording, I am kind of shell shocked. I remembered what I was playing, but for some honest, I was entranced by the playing and for a while kind of forgot what I had done, because some of those licks were really effective and memorable, until I thought back a bit.

This phenomenon perplexes me, that of recording, then the day after, almost forgetting what I did, then fuzzily remembering it, but in the mean time, really thinking that it couldn't have been me who played it, even though I know it is the case!

StratLover2
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

A nice job in a sort time....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dance:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Nice!
Next time I get a chance to do some recording, I want to fool with this one... :cool:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
DeepDrummer

Post by DeepDrummer »

Darn nice track. I always liked stuff in G too. Well done and thanks.
Music is in my Soul and the Blues Makes me whole.