C Maj Blues BT with horns

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
oneeyedslide

Re: C Maj Blues BT with horns

Post by oneeyedslide »

VikingBlues wrote:Listening to it again I'm not sure how relevant what I played was to the BT or whether I was just doing some generic one size fits all notes or maybe I'd got so frustrated by the technical problems I'd got into the wrong mindset ...
I do this all the time VB. I prefer to call it "making it your own". :whistle:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:This sounds better... The first one sounded like you didn't have your head around it, or your heart in it, or something. The second one sounds more like you are feeling it. :thumbsup: Good job... Nice to hear the Hagstrom singing so sweetly. :cool:
I think you have it on both counts - if i get rattled by problems my head stops working in the right mode - it blocks the creative side of thinking and I lose focus on the music I'm playing - which I guess means my heart isn't in it due to that. I must learn to know when to quit and leave it alone and not try to force it.

I've had some trouble with broken right hand fingernails recently and got into teh habit of playing with a pick - I realised today when about to do version two that the nails were OK again for playing with the fingers again - i do think I get a bit more "soul" into my playing without the pick.

I'm glad I got the Hagstrom - it was a bit of a gamble - bought on line at distance and never having played one.
oneeyedslide wrote:I prefer to call it "making it your own".
:lol:
vancouveris wrote:VB, your playing sounds nice :clap:
I think the reverb/echo is a tad overpowered, other than that it sounds good :thumbsup:
Despite my concerns and panic about my first attempt there's more than a bit of truth in what you say VC - so please don't take my earlier comments as being dismissive of what you said. If I had kept the original DAW recording and I'd taken out the over-produced element of reverb / echo of the first attempt, and tightened up the tuning of the lead slightly, I don't think there's a huge difference in note choices and basic structure of the two versions. Your comment in fact gave me the confidence to do the second version without a major rethink on what I would play - I'm glad you were able to see through the obvious flaws. :thumbsup: Had it not been for your comment I'm not sure I'd have had the confidence to have another go - so, my thanks for that. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

VikingBlues wrote: Despite my concerns and panic about my first attempt there's more than a bit of truth in what you say VC - so please don't take my earlier comments as being dismissive of what you said. If I had kept the original DAW recording and I'd taken out the over-produced element of reverb / echo of the first attempt, and tightened up the tuning of the lead slightly, I don't think there's a huge difference in note choices and basic structure of the two versions. Your comment in fact gave me the confidence to do the second version without a major rethink on what I would play - I'm glad you were able to see through the obvious flaws. :thumbsup: Had it not been for your comment I'm not sure I'd have had the confidence to have another go - so, my thanks for that. :D
You're welcome :D
Jan 15th 2007