Love in Vain - Early Draft

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
oneeyedslide

Re: Love in Vain - Early Draft

Post by oneeyedslide »

12bar wrote: ATTACHMENTS
slide.mp3
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
VikingBlues wrote:You've shown how much benefit a recording get from well played authentic slide. My slide playing is in a lower divison for sure - a bit 'slide and hope' to arrive at some decent notes - I need to do much more work on slide.
You are way too kind VB. And I didn't hear any "lower division" slide on your part either. You were going places with your slide phrases I wouldn't have thought of. I always listen for that. I'm always trying to copy people I want to sound like on slide and in the end I don't sound like any of them. You were doing some neat slides there and I'll be trying to copy them now!

About arriving at decent notes; A guy told me once that the only important note in slide playing is the "one you end up on"
Don't know if that's true, but it took some of the pressure off me. Delta slide player John Mooney calls his method of playing "thrash and burn" (or was it "slash and burn"?). "Slide and hope" is just as good a method a way to get there. In fact that's exactly what I do!
Blindboy wrote:I'm liking all the slide stuff that is cropping up here.
Me too!
12bar wrote:I'm still working on THE tone, so I played over a very popular tune. The result - well, it would ruin your song...
I sure OneEyedSlide will do a much better job...

ATTACHMENTS
slide.mp3
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
Can't imagine how I missed this- 12bar doing a little "Muddy"! I love it! You are too kind and too modest!