Hopped a bit

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
12bar
Site Admin

Hopped a bit

Post by 12bar »

In order to refresh my playing, I practiced a bit to the uptempo "Hopped up Blues" in D. Some repetitive licks, nothing special, several glitches, but a fun to play without thinking too much. Sheraton and strat mixed through Toneport GX. Fighting with delay/timing and volume, that Win7 and Gearbox. So only 2 minutes were recorded. Anyway:

download/file.php?id=1063
Attachments

Hopped Up Blues in D.mp3 - (3.7 MiB)

2WheelsOfBlues

Re: Hopped a bit

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

sounds funny indeed :big_smile:

It make s my smile
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! :clap:
It's good to hear from you again. :big_smile: I particularly like guitar 2 in this piece. Is that the Strat?
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Like Blindboy says - it's good to hear some of you rplaying again. :clap:
12bar wrote:Some repetitive licks, nothing special, several glitches, but a fun to play without thinking too much.
Good note choices though and beautifully played - bends, vibrato and phrasing all working well.
12bar wrote:Sheraton and strat mixed through Toneport GX. Fighting with delay/timing and volume, that Win7 and Gearbox.
Glad you won the fight - the end result has no hints to my ears of the struggle you had. :thumbsup:

The contrasting sounds of the two guitars came through well - good work by you to stop the software taking over and imposing too much of its own sound! Both guitars sounded good and I'm guessing Sheraton first and Strat second in the running order. If it is that order I would say I partcularly enjoyed the sound you got from the Sheraton - nice airy sustain whichever guitar it was.

It's a great shame you have this battle with the equipment on recordings. :wall:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks, folks! Yes, the second one is my good old strat. Both are clipping a bit, I still can't control the toneport volume through windows. :wall:

Now there are still several things on my todo list - I have to look for them. The album thing also isn't dead, there a re enough great uploads to fill it. I thing we need a monster collab with our members from all over the world!
nxsneil

Post by nxsneil »

Can certainly pick the difference between the 2 Gtrs, the Strat certainly stands out (not that the Sheraton doesn't sound good)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Someday I aint gonna worry my life anymore....