A new arrival, Hello All

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
DaveGuitarFingersLee

A new arrival, Hello All

Post by DaveGuitarFingersLee »

Hey, I just joined, I've know about this site for a while and I've read most of it, finally decided to sign up!

Here is a link to my youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveGuitarF ... ature=mhee

David Lee ♪
VikingBlues

Re: A new arrival, Hello All

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum David.

Nice resonator guitar and well played good tones from it on your videos. :thumbsup:

Look forward to hearing more about you / more of your playing. See you around on the forum. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
DaveGuitarFingersLee

Ahh yes perhaps an introduction is in order!

I have been playing guitar for about three years or do now, but there was always a guitar or two knocking around when I was growing up, I took it up seriously when I got my first guitar, an epiphone electro acoustic (which is currently having it's frets redressed, so more music to come later when I get it back). The resonance guitar is an SX nothing fancy and I usually have it tuned to an open G. I also have an Indie sun extreme, a strat and little half size spanish guitar of mostly unknown origin.

I'm in the middle of a project to complete an instrumental album I am recording at home and the mixed and mastered songs will be put up on youtube in due time once I get my production skills polished up a bit more.

Also I should probabaly mention that I never bothered to learn any songs or take lessons so everthing I write is original, influenced mostly by Fleetwood Mac and Three Dog Night.

So yes there will be more to come, so subscribe to the youtube channel if you like but sure I'll post here anyway when there is new material.
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Welcome Dave, another Peter Green fan is always welcome here. I look forward also to hearing some more recordings and your album, that's quite a project.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

A warm :welcome: from me, too!
Looking foward to hear more!
DaveGuitarFingersLee

Ha yea it is quite tricky to record an album seing as I also have a ful time job, I currently live in Ireland and am planning to moe to America in about 9 months when my lease is up so that's the timeframe. Nine months and I almost have two songs done. I wish I had more free time.. but that's the reason I'm moving to the states anyway, I'm half American and have dual citizenship so it's time to quit the day job and find work as a professional musician. To quote a song "Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do. The things it tells you to."

And on related note, don't y'all forget about Lindsey! Green and Buckingham are two of the greats, I could never choose a favourite!

Here are two inspirational songs by Lindsey in case you need reminding. :pray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naAWX6OsHVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o_YI_PgK0o

These and many more are the standars I measure myself by, still a ways to go yet! :guitarist:
DaveGuitarFingersLee

And here is Green and co rockin out. One of my favorites.

'World in Harmony'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiecUn9yC6A
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:welcome: David lee :handshake:

You found the best blues site there is :wink:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey, Hi :welcome: here :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....