Heartache at C

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Heartache at C

Post by VikingBlues »

I thought Major Key was supposed to be happy? :icon_whoknows:

C Major - BT by Nick Kellie. VB adds gloom and sadness to the proceedings. :wall:

download/file.php?id=1019
Attachments

Heartache at C. PRS SE over Nick Kellie BT.
Heartache at C.mp3 - (3.93 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
2WheelsOfBlues

Re: Heartache at C

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

But when i hear this, i sure your be happy and joyfull :wink: :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Melancholic hindsight is how I would describe the mood of this song. Like the good times you used to have with a loved one but they are not with you any more. Tastefully done as always and a nice easy listening piece, don't have to wonder where it's going, just enjoy the journey.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MikeJackal wrote:Tastefully done as always and a nice easy listening piece, don't have to wonder where it's going, just enjoy the journey.
That's what I thought, too. A pleasure to listen... :clap:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very nice! I like the melancholy aspect.
Major key is a tough one for me. You did a nice job with it. We ought to do up a Major collab sometime. :think: Make us all think. :cool:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:thumbsup: Thanks to everyone for listening and for your encouraging words - I appreciate it a lot. Sorry I keep posting work here that isn't really "blues". :shy:
2WheelsOfBlues wrote:But when i hear this, i sure your be happy and joyfull :wink: :thumbsup:
Thank you. :big_smile: Happy and joyful at home at least when I'm in the company of my wife, family and guitars.
MikeJackal wrote:Melancholic hindsight is how I would describe the mood of this song. Like the good times you used to have with a loved one but they are not with you any more. Tastefully done as always and a nice easy listening piece, don't have to wonder where it's going, just enjoy the journey.
Nicely put = quite poetic there Mike! Tasteful is fine by me. I suppose listening to it again it's more wistful than sad. Don;t know where the notes came from. :icon_whoknows:
12bar wrote:That's what I thought, too. A pleasure to listen... :clap:
A pleasure to play - and a pleasure to be able to post it up here to share with my friends around the world. Thank you. :D
Blindboy wrote:Very nice! I like the melancholy aspect.
Major key is a tough one for me. You did a nice job with it. We ought to do up a Major collab sometime. :think: Make us all think. :cool:
Thank you, glad you liked it - I've been encouraged to branch out by members here like yourself - remember the bossa.
The major collab would be a good idea - I'll keep it in mind as I search around through the far too many BTs I have cluttering up my laptop. :wall:
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Moody? Yes.

Melancholy? Not particularly.

Very focused playing. I find it a very relaxing tune to listen to.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
Bluez2move

Post by Bluez2move »

I didn't find it gloomy at all,
just laid back and melodic :cool:

Nice work VB :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Deacon / Bluez2Move - I appreciate the encouragement. :D

"Laid back and melodic" - I guess that's what I'd like my life to be - so that's why I try to play that way to escape to a laid back and melodic place for a while. I think I like the sound of that. I just wish I could carry that feeling around with me at all times. :big_smile:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I like it VB, nice tone
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....