Ghosts

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blackhorse

Ghosts

Post by Blackhorse »

My latest song, "Ghosts". I'm happy with this, I think the acoustic guitars came out better than usual, and my singing is slowly improving. Still have a long way to go. :wall:

Solo is nothing special, but I'm very happy with the main riff, the simple two-string harmonising melody. I think it works.

Comments/suggestions welcome as always.

download/file.php?id=1013
Attachments

Ghosts.mp3 - (5.2 MiB)

Blindboy

Re: Ghosts

Post by Blindboy »

HECK YEAH! :clap:
Beautiful job! nicely composed, played, and sung. Tasty lead licks too. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

This is a great song, really well put together, all the playing is spot on and I couldn't find fault with it anywhere.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:clap: ... and the tone is great!!!
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Very competent playing and general production. Nothing wrong with the vocal except that I think it deserves to be a little bit more prominent from within the mix. Style and genre is more Eagles/Dire Straights than the blues, but that ain't no crime! Well done.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very much a "Blackhorse" song. You have a unique style that makes immediately apparent whose song it is. :thumbsup:

Top marks on - composition, lyrics, vocal, guitar, atmosphere. Nice combinations of rhythm and lead playing. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Super song Blackhorse !
Like it very much , harmonising two string jobbie is esepcially effective and I especially like the 2nd guitar solo.
Great job ! Good song :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

I'm hoping to start gigging soon as half of an acoustic duo covers act. At first I will just be playing guitar, but I'd like to work up to doing some singing too. Maybe this will give me the ability and confidence to start performing some of my own songs too.

I hope to get another 1 or 2 songs done before then, and maybe record them properly (or at least to a higher standard) over the summer, when I will keep all your comments in mind on these songs, and maybe make some changes accordingly. So thanks for the input!
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

I like the acoustic guitars, the vocals, and the lead guitar work. What's not to like! Your vocals are unique...in a good way. Yours and Strummer's vocals have a very similar quality and both are very good IMHO.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.