Dreaming of Aeolian

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Dreaming of Aeolian

Post by VikingBlues »

Just a piece of trivia, amidst the great live recordings being posted up - trying to play a tune or two. :icon_whoknows:

David Wallimann Backing Track from JamPlay called Knopflers Aeolian Dream. I'm afraid you don't get any Knopfler with this - just VB. :sad:

Hagstrom Viking Deluxe on lead + a second rhythm guitar with the Hagstrom panned left to add to the rhythm guitar already on the BT.

I think this could be extended to a full song with words ... not just now though. :yawn:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10585788
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MikeJackal

Re: Dreaming of Aeolian

Post by MikeJackal »

Well you have commented several times about me achieving a Peter Green sound on my recordings, I have to say this sounds very Greeny in places, but the more recent Green playing. This could have been a Splinter Group song easily with Peter's raspy vocals on it.
Nicely executed and fluent playing throughout.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

VikingBlues wrote:
I'm afraid you don't get any Knopfler with this - just VB. :sad:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10585788
Well i like yours alsow.......maybe more :wink:
I like the sound.

Like a man here sad, a person with no diploma and trying hard, i can appreciate more, them one with 10 diplomas and doeing it with no intrested.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

2WheelsOfBlues wrote:Well i like yours alsow.......maybe more :wink:
I like the sound.

Like a man here sad, a person with no diploma and trying hard, i can appreciate more, them one with 10 diplomas and doeing it with no intrested.
:D Thank you 2WheelsOfBlues - I appreciate your comments a lot. Silly isn't it - I spent a lot of years without any sound to call my own and now I'm starting to get one I start to apologise for not sounding like other players. :think:
MikeJackal wrote:Well you have commented several times about me achieving a Peter Green sound on my recordings, I have to say this sounds very Greeny in places, but the more recent Green playing. This could have been a Splinter Group song easily with Peter's raspy vocals on it.
Nicely executed and fluent playing throughout.
Cheers Mike - I was NOT expecting to see the name "Greeny" come up in connection with this recording. But it's very welcome - if I can get even a hint of Peter Green (Splinter Group or any era) to my playing I'm exceeding my expectations. :thumbsup:

I think it'll be worth revisiting with some vocals - assuming I can get any inspiration for the words, and can wrestle with extending the BT.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Well, well.... this man sure can play.

Awesome, I like it how you are playing a ~story and are not just using licks. Very well done.
+5 stars and to the hbl station,
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:this man sure can play.
:lol: :wink: :lol:

Thank you HBL - sincerely. :shy:

Can't play fast, so I've got to try tone and feeling if I can.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

we are connected souls :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Nice job! :clap:
VikingBlues wrote: I spent a lot of years without any sound to call my own and now I'm starting to get one I start to apologise for not sounding like other players.
I can sympathize... You definitely have a recognizable sound though. This is a leg up on most other players that I know, even ones who gig regularly and think that they are hot stuff.
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"