Something a bit different from our open mic...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Something a bit different from our open mic...

Post by Blindboy »

I simply don't have that "country bone"... Can't play it to save my soul. It always comes out sounding like a blues player trying to play country. (imagine that :whistle: )
Any way, one of our guest artists, a local known as Plumber Bob, is a past New Mexico state fiddling champion, and a heck of a guitar player too. He was wringing out his new Tele this night (The night after I nailed my finger), and we tried to keep up with him on this country tune. 12bar regulars should be able to tell my guitar from his. :thumbsup:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10467004
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MikeJackal

Re: Something a bit different from our open mic...

Post by MikeJackal »

Nothing at all wrong with your playing Bb, Merle Haggard eat your heart out, very much enjoyed this.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

A bit different indeed! Very enjoyable. Definitely a "Tele" sound to Plumber Bob's guitar. :big_smile:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of blues crossing over into country anyway - they're pretty closely related I suppose. Bb - I think the blues has permeated your playing so successfully that blues has become part of you. That's why you play such damn great blues. :pray:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

That's a Jr. Brown tune, btw.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

No Blues, but played wonderful with lots of soul. Great sound, fantastic country style guitar and voice! :bb:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks, Fellers... Glad you enjoyed it. :cool:
VikingBlues wrote: Bb - I think the blues has permeated your playing so successfully that blues has become part of you. That's why you play such damn great blues.
Thanks VB :shy: , That has kind of been my goal since I started playing guitar, lo, those many years ago.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"