Shuffle in G w/slide and strat...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Shuffle in G w/slide and strat...

Post by Blindboy »

Still trying to get the hang of the GuitarPort and Audacity... :wall:
This time I am givin up on tone and trying to layer a couple of tracks along with a backing track (sorry, I don't remember where it comes from).
This isn't easy. :icon_whoknows: Trying to get levels balanced is one thing. I am doing each track as one long take (the whole song long), so if there is one noticable mistake, I have to redo the whole track. :wall: (I finally left in all the mistakes. :roll: )
Haven't been playing enough slide lately... I just covered up with gain :yikes: .
download/file.php?id=67
Oh yeah, slide guitar is a '69 SG tuned to open G, the other guitar is my FrankenStrat. Both through different GuitarPort Bassman models. :music2:
Attachments

s.mp3 - (3.43 MiB)

"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Re: Shuffle in G w/slide and strat...

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:Still trying to get the hang of the GuitarPort and Audacity... :wall:
This time I am givin up on tone and trying to layer a couple of tracks along with a backing track (sorry, I don't remember where it comes from).
This isn't easy. :icon_whoknows: Trying to get levels balanced is one thing. I am doing each track as one long take (the whole song long), so if there is one noticable mistake, I have to redo the whole track. :wall: (I finally left in all the mistakes. :roll: )
Haven't been playing enough slide lately... I just covered up with gain :yikes: .
download/file.php?id=67
Oh yeah, slide guitar is a '69 SG tuned to open G, the other guitar is my FrankenStrat. Both through different GuitarPort Bassman models. :music2:
Like it a lot - well worth posting. :clap: :thumbsup:

It has a good live sound to it, and sounds like two guitarists playing off each other which is a good trick to pull off. I'm all in favour of a one take track with maybe a mistake or too if the one take allows the atmosphere, adrenalin. mood etc to come through better. I'd rather listen to a good live album, than a good studio album, but that's me being quirky. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Wowzzzzzzers Sweet thingie bro :) I like it a lot.. good job :clap:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

BlindBoy wrote:Haven't been playing enough slide lately... I just covered up with gain :yikes: .
Not much to "cover up" there.... super job. I really liked the sound (as usual).
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments. :big_smile:
VB, I, too prefer a good live album. I like live music in general. I know that I could use the software to put together something that sounds nice and mistake free, but that seems like a lot of work. :tongue:
Golfxzq wrote: Not much to "cover up" there.... super job. I really liked the sound (as usual).
Thanks. My slide playing is not consistant anymore (never was, really), I need to practice it more, but I almost never practice. :whistle:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"