Blues Without The Sun

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MikeJackal

Blues Without The Sun

Post by MikeJackal »

Was playing around with the delay section of Guitar Rig trying to get a good sound, had a little play and recorded this. There is an obvious similarity to a very famous and great song.
The "chorus" is with my Peter Green preset but added the delay to it, the "verses" are with the clean setting I use for playing rhythm parts then at the end....well I went a bit silly and defied popular opinion and went full out overdrive with my Gary Moore preset, tone rolled right back to zero. I know it kinda doesn't fit with the rest of the song, but those sweet notes with the vibrato made me do it.
Thanks For Listening!

It's funny and pure coincidence that the three songs I've been working on the most lately, this one, I've Got A Mind collab and a song my Dad wanted me to record so he could sing it in the pub When A Blind Man Cries by Deep Purple. They are all in the same key so I've been playing in this position quite a bit (Key Of B).
Last edited by MikeJackal on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Re: Blues Without The Sun

Post by VikingBlues »

Blimey!! I just mentioned on another thread in the Blues Room how there was a lot of recordings being posted here just now ... and I find another ones appeared while I was writing that last post! :thumbsup:

Mike - you really are phrasing and choosing notes that mean the "Peter Green" aspect of your tone is shown to its best advantage. Great use of spaces and love the long gentle vibrato and bends. Excellent creation of mood in this recording. :clap: :clap:

I can't really comment on the after 4.40 - we all know my problems in this area - they've been well documented and discussed recently. :roll: :shy:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

VikingBlues wrote:Blimey!! I just mentioned on another thread in the Blues Room how there was a lot of recordings being posted here just now ... and I find another ones appeared while I was writing that last post! :thumbsup:

Mike - you really are phrasing and choosing notes that mean the "Peter Green" aspect of your tone is shown to its best advantage. Great use of spaces and love the long gentle vibrato and bends. Excellent creation of mood in this recording. :clap: :clap:

I can't really comment on the after 4.40 - we all know my problems in this area - they've been well documented and discussed recently. :roll: :shy:
Yes I'm really enjoying all the songs that keep popping up too, it had been a week or two since I last posted a new song...don't like to keep the fans waiting too long :away:

I found this one a difficult one to play along with because it's really slow and the theme doesn't change all the way through so making it fluid and not repetitive was hard.

HA! I knew you'd enjoy the last bit...I kinda did it as a tongue in cheek tribute to you and your current struggle :oldie: :peace:
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Wow! That was nice!
RobertLee

Post by RobertLee »

where's the auto repeat button?!?!?! I could listen to that all day long! Wonderful job Mike! :thumbsup: :clap: :pray:
Music is art, and the souls of others is the canvas.
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

This is your Epi LP? Great tone! Smooth playing.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Excellent! Nice phrasing, and as VB said, nice use of space. I liked the overdriven end part too. (It did sound a little compressed to me, but nice))
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Thanks for the comments guys
DeaconBlues wrote:This is your Epi LP? Great tone! Smooth playing.
Yes it is Lilianne my Epi LP
Blindboy wrote:(It did sound a little compressed to me, but nice))
Well that is the current drawbacks between Amp simulation and real tubes, they haven't quite got those heavily overdriven sounds quite right. Of course nothing can compare to real tubes screaming away, but there getting close.
With a bit more knowledge of the software I might have been able to get it sounding a bit better...but I haven't...so I can't.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

MikeJackal wrote:Well that is the current drawbacks between Amp simulation and real tubes, they haven't quite got those heavily overdriven sounds quite right. Of course nothing can compare to real tubes screaming away, but there getting close.
With a bit more knowledge of the software I might have been able to get it sounding a bit better...but I haven't...so I can't.
I totally agree. I have that problem with the LIne6 rig I have for recording into the computer... It doesn't respond like a real tube amp. It is getting better though....
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Bluesidae

Post by Bluesidae »

That was fantastic! I am hitting the rewind button as I write this! The Gary Moore finish worked very well.