Funky Duck Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MikeJackal

Funky Duck Blues

Post by MikeJackal »

Another day another song recorded. I really like this one, was messing with the various effects and processors in Guitar Rig and came up with this really funky Auto-Wah sound. Using the out of phase position on my Les Paul it created an unusual tone that i really liked. It was also something else to help me expand and improve my playing because the different levels of attack i used on the strings change the tone completely so i had to experiment with how hard to pluck the strings.

I called it Funky Duck Blues
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Re: Funky Duck Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

Quite different to your usual - Auto-Wah is not something I've tried to use but I get the impression that you played with good control and got an interesting range of tones - and you made it musical too. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

I now the wah, and yes i try it also and yes.... it was a major disaster :tease: :thumbsdown:

But this one?,...... :clap: :clap: :clap:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Groovy playing - and you handle the auto wah quite well :thumbsup: . I never got used to my gearbox one...