I Loved Another Woman (Feat. Peter Green)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MikeJackal

I Loved Another Woman (Feat. Peter Green)

Post by MikeJackal »

Removed By Myself Due To Possible Copyright Blah Blah
Last edited by MikeJackal on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
2WheelsOfBlues

Re: I Loved Another Woman (Feat. Peter Green)

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

great job man... :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dance:

"If anyone wants the backing track i will upload that too."
yess please :handshake:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

L77S ... I like your playing ...............

But ...........I am not so happy at the adaption of a real PG track and using his voice on your track.

I don't think this would be viewed favorably from a copyright standpoint either. :thumbsdown:

I appreciate that this track is probably not for Commercial gain ....however Peter Green is "The Man" for me ...and I don't want to hear him playing with just anyone ..........unless he specifically wants the association.

So , sorry to be a killjoy .....But I don't like it and I'd rather it wasn't posted on 12 bar :motz:
Please redo it and use your own voice .....Not God's
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Strummer,
I did this in absolutely no way for commercial gain, i did this because i love Peter Green. I trawled the internet for a lot time to find even the lowest quality backing track for this and could not find one anywhere, I do not have the skill or know how to create one myself so this was a very last resort. I love this song and many many other Peter Green songs and there are very little backing tracks of his songs available which is a great shame as i would like to play many more.
I understand your concerns and will remove it if it really is that offensive, i really didn't intend it that way, i just wanted to share my efforts with the group as I try to gain 1/10000000th of the knowledge and skill in which Greeny plays the blues.
You have my apology for any upset caused.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

L77S
thanks for responding and for your apology..No need to aplogise to me incidentally .I'm just one of the 'lads' .......and in many ways I share you frustration .and your love of Greeny ............
I too have searched for Peter Green BT's ..In fact I was in London only yesterday going through heaps of tab books looking for PG tabs and his stuff with BT's ... there is to my knowledge only 1 book " In Session with " six songs ...... and that is really sad , and frustrating ........I am also looking for BT's for two ( at least ) of Peters songs.

So I understand your frustrations and applaud your desires and your search ..and will join you in this quest ......................

and .....I have really appreciated your playing, and said so ....even on this tune.....!!

But ............I'm sorry, In my view, and it is just my own view ( i am not judge or jury here .so let other speak or Mods decide.)

You can't post a song on a Public website ..using a well known muscicians own recogniseable music and in particular their own Voice.

Also .as this tune it is posted direct ( and Not via a 3rd party website such as sound click) you also potentially leave the 12 bar site open to criticism and possibly legal action .....its a matter of copyright.

I know that may sound bizarre and a bit draconian perhaps .............But some artists agents and managers ( its unlikely to be the artist ) can be very litigious.

I am very protective of this site as I've had so much learning and fun from it ........I can't just sit back and allow 12 bar as a website to be put at risk by anyone.

lets agree to disagree on this ....Let the Mods decide if its OK or Not OK

I still like your playing ..........and I'd encourage you to find other ways of creating or obtaining a BT

Try
http://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/?app_c ... 4QodKgLRdw

You can buy some superb tracks here ..and request songs you want too .....It costs ...but at between $1.50 -$3.00 per track .its money well spent ........I have requested 2 tracks for customising into BT's recently

Good Luck
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all, just frustrating that we can't get the backing tracks!
I was under the impression that if it was on educational grounds then there was a fair use policy, but as you say we don't want any possibility of legal action so i've taken it down.