Noodling time is here again

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Noodling time is here again

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Looking @ the recent topics I felt the time for thoughtless noodling just to channel things out of my system.
This is one even my mother would like :) She's hospitalized again 3rd time this year and things are looking more grim every time.
Still, she still can listen to my stuff

A noodle over a song call I dreamed there was no war, trying to change the accents of the melody

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MikeJackal

Re: Noodling time is here again

Post by MikeJackal »

Really nice HBL, has a nice uplifting feel sort of a "everything's going to be all right". I really have to start learning some scales and be a proper musician instead of just blindly playing the blues without any knowledge, then i might be able to come up with some beautiful stuff like this.
Just curious, are you in need of some contact cleaner? Because it sounds like one of your pots or selector switch is buzzing, can just hear it at certain points during the song. May be something else but it's definitely there.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Lynyrd is right - there is an uplifting aspect to this, though also a sadness in the tone at the same time. This is a sort of melody and mix of emotions I could imagine Mark Knopfler playing, though it wouldn't be with the HBL style and the HBL trademark bends and phrasing. Beautifully played. :thumbsup: :clap:

It's a great shame such beauty comes with such a back-story. It's difficult not to despair at life's cruelties.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Lynyrd77Skynyrd wrote:Really nice HBL, has a nice uplifting feel sort of a "everything's going to be all right". I really have to start learning some scales and be a proper musician instead of just blindly playing the blues without any knowledge, then i might be able to come up with some beautiful stuff like this.
Just curious, are you in need of some contact cleaner? Because it sounds like one of your pots or selector switch is buzzing, can just hear it at certain points during the song. May be something else but it's definitely there.
Haha L77S Blindly playing the Blues.... :rofl: welcome to my world. Actually I play almost everything while being musically blind
:) So from that perspective I'm not a proper musician, I just learned the places of frets and notes and use that. :)

The static noises you hear are caused by the pickups and the bad shielding in my old Tokai strat, I'm not even touching the switch or the pots.
When my new strat has arrived I'll be doing major maintenance on the Tokai. Shielding the cavity and the backside of the scratch plate. That should help a bit.
I'm in a electronically noisy environment btw. Lots of transformators, Switching powersupplies, computers screens etc.

Also adding to the issue is the fact I'm using Elixir strings the are getting old. the coating is wearing off and that changes the contact resistance when my neck hand moves over the string.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote:Lynyrd is right - there is an uplifting aspect to this, though also a sadness in the tone at the same time. This is a sort of melody and mix of emotions I could imagine Mark Knopfler playing, though it wouldn't be with the HBL style and the HBL trademark bends and phrasing. Beautifully played. :thumbsup: :clap:

It's a great shame such beauty comes with such a back-story. It's difficult not to despair at life's cruelties.

Thanks VB, it's a good thing we've got our music to pull us trhough, Sad to say, but I'm more or less used to these kind of siutations by now \.
I hope it works for Gerd to.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Lovely! I admire how melodic your playing is.
Wishing the best for your mother. I sympathize, my father isn't doing well either.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Nice :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

You are doeing it again HBL.
Make a song yours, and its very ok by my. :D

Man sorry to hear about your mother, i hope there will be a sunny time now for you, youre mother and everyone here around us.
And yes your right, music is and will be for ever a little consolation in every time, happy and sad times.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....