The Supernatural

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MikeJackal

The Supernatural

Post by MikeJackal »

I decided to do a recording of Peter Green's The Supernatural. It is such an amazing song and one i really love to play along with over and over at the moment. So here it is, now obviously the main part of the song is the incredible controlled feedback to give you those long sustained notes. Not only do i not have the skill i also don't have the equipment so i'm afraid i'm stuck with repeatedly picking the strings instead to make the long notes. My version of this is more like the Gary Moore version as that is what i had tabs for when i first started playing it.
I hope you enjoy listening because i really enjoy playing it and i would love to hear some other peoples takes on it.
As for the technical stuff, i am playing my Epiphone Les Paul through Guitar Rig 4 on a custom preset i made just for this song. Recorded live in 1 take so all the mess up's are in there.
I have been playing 3 years.
download/file.php?id=853
Attachments

The Supernatural.mp3 - (2.78 MiB)

"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Re: The Supernatural

Post by VikingBlues »

Great playing - can hear the Gary Moore influences at work too. :clap: :pray:

I think you must have been playing for all of those three years and not sleeping. :D

Very nice tones from the epi BTW.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

:thumbsup: Man, I love that tone you're getting from the Epi. Great job!

Your preset sounds great, too.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Thanks for the comments Guys and yes i did sleep, but i have played an hour minimum a day nearly constant since i started.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Great work mate! I really enjoyed this :thumbsup:
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Thanks Major