My New Year's Gifts to 12bar

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

My New Year's Gifts to 12bar

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi All!

I haven't been on 12bar recently, however I have been playing up a storm! I've recorded a few pieces and figured I would share them.

First up, we have "A New Year's Siesta", which was written as a result of a late night noodle with minor chords, and I kind of gave it a slightly Spanish Feel.

download/file.php?id=794

Next up with have "My Frustration", which I came up with the chord progression whilst messing about, and I am rather surprised (pleasently though) by the Satriani feel to the piece.

download/file.php?id=795

Finally, we have "Pelennor Fields", which I learned the main rhythm part of the song from the soundtrack by ear. It came to me while messing around. It is from "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" I am not sure if you have seen the movie or not. The middle and parts of the last section come from a song called "Rohan's Theme". This is how, if I'd been the composer, I would have scored the dramatic scene where the Rohirrim charge the enemy. This is a completely new direction for me, even more so than the medieval music. I hope you enjoy these three tracks!

download/file.php?id=796

StratLover2
Attachments

Pelennor Fields
Pelennor Fields.mp3 - (5.86 MiB)

My Frustration
My Frustration.mp3 - (2.77 MiB)

A New Year's Siesta
A New Year's Siesta.mp3 - (3.24 MiB)