California Princess

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

California Princess

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

Besides EC, one of my favorite blues guitarists is Leslie West of Mountain fame. If you don't know who he is, here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_West

I wrote this piece as a tribute to him. I based the song off of one of his most famous hits "Mississippi Queen", but I kind of added my own flair to the rhythm and the lead, so I named it "California Princess."

When I soloed, I tried to get into the zone, by imagining the girls that I saw in Kentucky and most recently at Disneyland, to get that bite into my playing like Leslies. I wasn't attempting a note for note recreation of his style, just to get a glimpse of it, then add my own flair to it.

I used Torrance again for this piece.
StratLover2

download/file.php?id=658
Attachments

California Princess
California Princess.mp3 - (2.54 MiB)

cruisemates

Re: California Princess

Post by cruisemates »

I am not sure how you are doing you double tracking now with your lead over your rhythm, but I suggest you buy some kind of a drum machine you can have playing during your recordings. If you could add some drums it would really clarify what you are playing - and I think you would find your playing getting better, too, since having a solid rhythm going usually makes your licks tighter.