Black Cat Demo

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Golfxzq

Black Cat Demo

Post by Golfxzq »

:cool: OK Guys here is a demo of the "Black Cat"... formerly known as "The Les Paul Project". This is just a noodle, not really much preparation or practice put into it from either of us, we just wanted to fulfill our obligation of letting you guys hear what she sounds like. We are really pleased with the tone and sound, I just wish we had the ability to present you with a more professional performance. Aggiefan is first up and I am second... you can hear who has the ability here! Anyway... turn down the volume and plug one ear... here she goes.

download/file.php?id=616
Attachments

Black Cat Demo
Black Cat #1.mp3 - (1.56 MiB)

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Re: Black Cat Demo

Post by VikingBlues »

Golfxzq wrote::cool: OK Guys here is a demo of the "Black Cat"... formerly known as "The Les Paul Project". This is just a noodle, not really much preparation or practice put into it from either of us, we just wanted to fulfill our obligation of letting you guys hear what she sounds like. We are really pleased with the tone and sound, I just wish we had the ability to present you with a more professional performance. Aggiefan is first up and I am second... you can hear who has the ability here! Anyway... turn down the volume and plug one ear... here she goes.
I'm not surprised you both like the tone - great sounds for a project guitar. :clap:

Looks good and sounds good - makes all that planning and hard work worthwhile.

Also a demo of how two players playing the same guitar can have two good but very different tones. Shows again how much of the tone comes from the player and their playing style and choice of settings. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Nah !!

Turn UP the Volume and enjoy !!!
Good stuff from both of you guys and well done for completeing a fair rebuild project ....................Photo's spot on ....Sounds Great !!

Some Blues Outfit you have there in Tennessee ......spanning 3 generations ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I second both VB and strummer.
A guitar with a great sound, both overdriven and clean. :thumbsup:
Both your work and patience payed off BIG TIME :dance:
BTW I enjoyed the track, well done !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Golfxzq and aggiefan,

Your Black Cat sounds fantastic! To me it sounds like a factory built Les Paul! Great job! Your quality construction shows through in the sound, and your quality playing also shines!

It amazes me, how like VB said above, two different players on the same axe can have a totally different tone! It goes to show that most of tone is in your fingers!

StratLover2
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

:thumbsup: Sounds very good :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Congratulations! What a project! And what a way to bring it to fulfillment. Both the guitar and the playing sound great.

Golfxzq - two postings to the Blues Room in one week? What a prolific guy! And brave too.

Aggiefan has really learned his way around a blues guitar and sounds terrific! We sure need to hear more from him.

Great job all around. :clap: :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Wonderful tone! :clap: My first thought was hey - is that Albert King? :thumbsup:
Bluesmole

Post by Bluesmole »

Lovely tone. A fitting end to a brilliant project. Aggie is a lucky lad! :cool: :clap: :pray:
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Nice job! The guitar sounds great, and that's a nice track. Hope to hear more from the both of you. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"