Outside Woman Blues cover

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

Outside Woman Blues cover

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi All!

I just did my interpretation of Outside Woman Blues! I combined the Cream version, with a version I saw Clapton on youtube play with power chords, and kind of made it my own.

I hope you enjoy it, and I certainly hope I didn't butcher the piece with my own style!

StratLover2

download/file.php?id=572
Attachments

Outside Woman Blues
Outside Woman Blues.mp3 - (2.34 MiB)

redrooster

Re: Outside Woman Blues cover

Post by redrooster »

Hi! in my opinion you should work on the timing and the rhythm of the song, in some moments i felt "loosed". Too, a good thing i think that would be to low down the gain so the notes will sound more clearly!

:big_smile:
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi redrooster!

Thanks for your input. I struggle with timing on certain songs, and that is one of them. However, I believe I know the correct timing, and I will submit a revised version with better timing and less gain.

Even with those issues though, I think it turned out at least ok. But there is always room for improvement

Thanks again,

StratLover2
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

This Blues is not as easy as it seems because of it's timing. Try to start with the rhythm first like RR said.
I've tried to record and upload a few bars of what I mean, just an idea - my timing isn't perfect either... :icon_whoknows:
download/file.php?id=574
Attachments

owb.mp3 - (361.28 KiB)

StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks Gerd!

I guess I've been tricked, since all the other blues I've played have had pretty simple rhythms. I think that I know the correct rhythm, but the trouble seems to be that I end up playing a bit off of what I imagine! I guess the only way to improve it is to drill myself until I do it!

Thanks for the soundbit!

StratLover2
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Dunno if this helps - an acoustic version so its just guitar and nothing else and no distortion cloaking the notes.

I love the 7#9 chord! :drool:

9oarej9z--E
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!