Luistano

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

Luistano

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi All!

I was inspired by this Joe Satriani piece called "Andalusia", to do a song similar to it, but with my own touch on it. I named it "Lusitano", after an Iberian breed of horse.

Again, this is kind of a new direction for me, so I hope you enjoy the results as much as I did,

StratLover2

download/file.php?id=551
Attachments

Lusitano
Lusitano.mp3 - (5.01 MiB)

Last edited by StratLover2 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VikingBlues

Re: Luistano

Post by VikingBlues »

It's a new direction for me too! I can't judge the piece by reference to Joe Satriani - I confess he's someone I've not yet listened to - so little time to listen to new players when I'm still discovering the old ones.

I'm guessing from the "Andalusia" name of the "Satch" piece that there's a Spanish feel involved. I can hear a Spanish flavour coming through in parts of your playing - are you getting into some modal scales here (eg Phrygian), or just hinting at modal influence through what you/re doing on the bends? Whatever it is anyway it is coming through. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I'm no Satriani fan, so this is a bit OT: use the "place inline" button to enable the flash player. So everyone can listen without downloading before... :wink:
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

VB,

I was going for that modal feeling, while adding some minor penatonic mix in to give it my own fee. Thanks for the comments!

Gerd,

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks!

StratLover2