No More Sleep

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blackhorse

No More Sleep

Post by Blackhorse »

Hi,

I've loaned out my microphone, so I won't be recording any more for a while, but I manged to get a few songs finished first. This is a song called No More Sleep, that I wrote and recorded within a couple of days. My singing is coming along, but not quite there yet, and the vocal recording is not great either, but I'm happy enough with both. I've left plenty of room for improvement!

I only have one mike, a dynamic sennheiser that's great for recording my amp, but not so good for acoustic guitar or vocals. I'll have to try a condensor mike, see if it works better.

I'm happy with how the song turned out, but I listening back I could've done more with the solo. Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Blackhorse
download/file.php?id=532
Attachments

04 No More Sleep.mp3 - (4.81 MiB)

Strummer07

Re: No More Sleep

Post by Strummer07 »

Good song Blackhorse .... well put together ,& well sung too

Personally I feel the solo fits the rather understated feel to the whole thing ................, anymore and it would take it away from the lovely repeating short chord repeat sequence that you have running through the track .
Works for me !

Good on you !! :thumbsup:

Go get another Mike !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'd ilke to echo what Strummer said. :thumbsup:

Less can be more so understated can be a very positive thing. I'd rather have a song that has a story and mood than loads of over-flash pyrotechnics in the playing. I thought all the parts fit well together and fit the mood of the song - and :clap: I liked the solo.

And hey ... none of us like the sound of our own vocals. Not that it stops us fretting about them when we post up a song here! :roll:

Hope you sort out the microphone to your liking. I can't really advise. I have one condensor microphone and no dynamic one so I don't know first hand the pros and cons.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Blackhorse wrote:I'm happy with how the song turned out...
That's what it is - a happy song! Very harmonic, great vocals and a perfect fitting solo. Something to relax and enjoy. :clap:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Very nice and relaxing song :thumbsup: :clap: The singing is quite good too!
So you wrote the song, excellent inspiration :clap: :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Thanks guys. I have a couple more songs written and recorded, I'll post them up in the next few days.