'No More Work' - Whoo-hoo

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

'No More Work' - Whoo-hoo

Post by VikingBlues »

This recording uses a Backing Track - Emotional Sad Guitar Ballad Backing Track G minor - by Nick Neblo. He says I can freely use it as background music for videos on YouTube without receiving a copyright notice/claim, Soundcloud, Facebook, Vimeo, VK, live performances or for teaching. He says credits are always appreciated so I've given the credit to him here. Should be OK Gerd - please remove if an issue.
By way of celebrating no more work :banana: I've ended up, courtesy of part of an Amazon voucher presnted to me on my last day, with a new 4 octave MIDI keyboard, an Ableton Live DAW and Xpand!2 VST. :D
Less celebratory though has been having to try to work out how the heck these things work.

Xpand!2 is now working fine, at least in my old DAW, and it's a surprisingly good VST for a free add on. I did struggle a bit with the procedure for the iLok security that Air Music Tech insist on lumbering the user with. But the struggle was my fault - an old tired brain you know. :oldie:

I've even managed within 36 hours to get Ableton Live up and running. Managing to import a backing track, record an audio track and a MIDI track, and export them to Wav and mp3. I've not looked at mixing and fancy stuff at all as yet. i had to work hard at getting an audio track to even record at all and also had to find how to highlight what i wanted to export.
I got the PRS SE out to do the audio rather than acoustic guitar as it suited the backing track more. So it does have some elements of blues in it.
I realised a bit late in proceedings that it was a long backing track (8 minutes). By then I'd spent enough time to just want to press on. One or two muscles in the arm not usually used, but needed to play a keyboard, are a bit achy now. I don't advise listening to the whole thing! :roll:
Piano is an Ableton Live VST and played by me. I've never tried Gm as a key for playing piano before so it was a concentrated effort needed to keep off the wrong notes. Not with 100% success but it's quite low in the mix.
Guitar is the PRS SE through the SuperChamp XD.

:music2:

No More Work.mp3 - (18.47 MiB)

I'm hoping this is the springboard for more playing - I now recall there's a couple of BTs posted on the forum I need to look at - would have been better to do one of those. But hopefully the above has proved a bit of useful practice for remembering where the blues guitar notes are.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: 'No More Work' - Whoo-hoo

Post by 12bar »

No more work and lots of new toys - :drool: :drool:
Sounds you enjoy your retirement a lot! Great playing both guitar and keys! :dance: :clap:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Awesome! No more work! 7 more years for me!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Dig the backing, and classic VB. sound!! Hopefully more to come! Now lets hit up some collabs!!! :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :amp: :amp: :music2: :music2:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Where has the last 4 weeks gone!! I was warned time would fly, and it certainly has. All excellent though!!!! :clap:

Looking at those collabs is on my to do list and is round about the top of it, so hopefully ...... :whistle:

Got a bit distracted with the new toys I think.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!