Red's return & Junior's debute

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Red's return & Junior's debute

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:lefty: :amp:

After about 2 years of being used by a friend that had a accident that took one of his fingertips ( yup left hand righthanded guitar player), Red, my London City Spitfire MK2 is back in the house.
And!
When I'm not able to use the loft during day-time, because my daughter has night shift, I felt I needed a cheap little amp like thingie to be able to play/rehearse downstairs. without breaking my back with all the lumps I use for amps.
Noticed an ad on a dutch website from someone that wanted to sell a Fender Gdec Junior. I Contacted him and placed a bid and managed to get the Gdec fairly cheap. :banana:

Today I played and recorded a tiny sound demo and was pleasantly surprised.

2 Guitar tracks, both Red and The Gdec junior in Brittish amp settings recorded using a Shure PG58 Microphone.
Can't say I dislike the first results (tone-wise)
IMG-0050.JPG
IMG-0050.JPG (3.89 MiB) Viewed 6112 times
IMG-0051.JPG
IMG-0051.JPG (3.74 MiB) Viewed 6112 times
IMG-0051.JPG[/attachment
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Ulysses

Re: Red's return & Junior's debute

Post by Ulysses »

Nice playing, excellent feel. The Gdec has a nice deal of bite to it as well.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:07 pm After about 2 years of being used by a friend that had a accident that took one of his fingertips ( yup left hand righthanded guitar player), Red, my London City Spitfire MK2 is back in the house.
Ouch! :yikes:

To me it sounds as if you can get the HBL sound out of any guitar and amp. Crystal clear again, just like sitting in your room. :clap:

Did I hear an incoming message on your phone at 0:22? :big_smile:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

The fingers create so much of the sound when the player knows what he's doing like you do HBL. :cool:

I remember having a G-Dec for quite a while but many moons ago. Seems like a different lifetime now. :sad:
I found the G-Dec I had was surprisingly good for what it was and had some rather good sounds amongst the myriad settings.
Just done a search - nearly 10 years ago I got one and it was a G-Dec 3-30 which (after a typical struggle) I got to work in a Blues edition sound pack.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1847&p=14582&hilit=G+Dec#p14582
Very different to yours though. Your G-Dec looks like a more serious attempt at an amp with it's more comprehensive controls layout.

The sounds you are getting certainly suggest that you've found an amp that you can happily play / practice with downstairs and avoid injury from lugging those heavyweight amps around. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!