Empty Bed Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Empty Bed Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

I've not played any acoustic blues for about 3 months. I did get a book by Rob MacKillop on DADGAD blues recently and have started to look at that.

One of his pieces immediately made some sort of sense and also got me managing some variations on what he suggested / played.

So here's a hybrid of his lesson, some his ideas and some mine. Nothing special and full of buzzes, but it's nice to have a go at some blues again.

:music1:

Empty Bed Blues.mp3 - (1.77 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Empty Bed Blues

Post by 12bar »

Another great and interesting one! :clap:
Sounds like you love this tuning... :big_smile:

You sure have found Rob's YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZN9uSHOTI
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Gerd - yes, Rob MacKillops video channel is on my subscription list. His books on old Scots music are probably the main reason I got so interested in starting to explore the Celtic genre. :thumbsup:

He has done a lot of work and research on early music and plays such a wide variety of instruments - he even makes the lute look easy to play!

Rob is only about 30 miles away, and does do private face to face lessons, as well as Skype. I keep wondering about that but never do anything. I'm not sure I'd make a very good student, old and set in my ways as I am. Plus I recall how much practice and work goes into making private lessons work and I'm not sure my fingers will take the strain any more. :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

30 miles - I'd give it a try!