El Mano - Swampblues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

El Mano - Swampblues

Post by ElMano »

Let i start to tell you all that i think that i cant sing at all. Because we are looking for 4 months for a new singer, i have to do it, otherwise we have to play instrumentally only. So i shout the lyrics :mercy: We wrote a song, in the band, and i play it this afternoon. I played the BT and was humming a bit just because to get the pointe for the accents. When i listen to the track i was surprised that my voice was there to. I used a standard for the music/lyrics mounted beside the mic standard ( fitted with a home made system hahahaha) and the last time i let the mice on, and connected with the panel :yikes: :eye_rub: :wall: Well just because i want your opinion of the lyrics to i have the guts to put it here. (there was no Amp ore effects in valve, strait to the mic into the Computer, no gain, reverb ore sustain at all :think: )

download/file.php?id=474
Attachments

El Mano Swampblues.mp3 - (4.15 MiB)

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
12bar
Site Admin

Re: El Mano - Swampblues

Post by 12bar »

:clap: Both lyrics AND vocals are great (needless to say, guitar too) - Muddy would be proud of you! :thumbsup:
You don't need another singer. I wish I could sing that way...
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano - you've been hiding that voice from us all - very good, and kudos for the lack of reverb and effects. :clap:

Great authentic style blues piece. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Well done.
And since your singing level is far above mine, I'm in awe :eye_rub:
Good playing to, love it.

How can it be that such a :oldie: as you (and I are) sounds so :baby: ? :away:

btw, you forgot to make sure the .MP3 file extention is in lowercase.. as in .mp3 Thats the reason that placing the file in-line didn't make the tiny mp3 player pop up.
I downloaded your mp3, deleted the one in the post. Renamed .MP3 to .mp3 and reuploaded. After that I put the file in-line again.... Success :banana:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote: kudos for the lack of reverb and effects. :clap:
:yikes: :eye_rub: :tease: you say WHAT ?

:rofl:

just teasing VB
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
bluesinbflat

Post by bluesinbflat »

Sounding good El Mano. :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:btw, you forgot to make sure the .MP3 file extention is in lowercase.. as in .mp3 Thats the reason that placing the file in-line didn't make the tiny mp3 player pop up.
Thanks HBL! :handshake:
There's an extension manager in this board software, but it handles them only in lowercase. Adding "MP3" results in an error message - the extension is already there. There's a conflict between Unix and the extension manager. Maybe I fix it by turning it all into lowercase. But then again, if there's an update, I have to repeat it...

In short: use lowercase! :oldie:
Bluesidae

Post by Bluesidae »

Agree with the rest... great playing singing and lyrics. You've got your mojo working!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:thumbsup: ElMano... loved that tune, your singing was super... if I didn't know better I would have sworn that you were from south Louisiana.... and I know a lot of people from south Louisiana. Great job.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

EEE HAW! That's takin' it to the river! :clap:
Nice job. I, too, am having to sing in our band. If I want to play the blues tunes I like, I have to sing them. :wall: :wall:
We don't have any originals though... :sad:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"