Trainwreck Stomp

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Trainwreck Stomp

Post by Blindboy »

Here is a rough cellphone vid from Monday night, the day after Christmas. Our keyboard player is out of town so we're playing three piece. Our good friend Joe Green sat in on trumpet, making it a four piece. Again, the sound quality was much better in person. :roll: One can also hear the effects of arthritus in my hands here and there.
This is my original instrumental jam, Okie Stomp. (years ago, I was trying to remember a fingerpicking piece I had heard my Dad play, and came up with this. It is not remotely like the song I was trying to remember, so I made it mine.) I'm playing the FrankenStrat through the custom BJ with an asian tremelo pedal that I am kind of liking lately.
https://youtu.be/NyGs4jl2zYw
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Trainwreck Stomp

Post by 12bar »

I LOVE your fingerpicking! :dance: :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice and mellow and full of some rather splendid touches on the guitar! :thumbsup:

There's no obvious signs of problems to music quality from the arthritis - it's a real shame you have problems with that because your fingers do such a great job of connecting you and your guitar up to great blues music.

Is this the same Okie Stomp that I recall in a stripped down version of you on acoustic guitar in a duo with - was it your brother? :think:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thank you, gentlemen.
VikingBlues wrote: Is this the same Okie Stomp that I recall in a stripped down version of you on acoustic guitar in a duo with - was it your brother?
Good ear. Yes, this is the same tune, just with drums, bass (which is hard to hear in this recording), and a trumpet. I like what Rob, our durmmer, has done with this tune.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"