Demonicon [metal]

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
haiduk

Demonicon [metal]

Post by haiduk »

Greetings, is this section open for metal too?

Because death metal solo project HAIDUK has returned with a crushing new release!
“DEMONICON”!

Check out and comment!

mIS6KqjAzUU
NeiFCiTZXIc

Album Available At:
http://www.haiduk.ca

………
Last edited by haiduk on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Demonicon [metal]

Post by 12bar »

Well, it's open for many kinds of music, but NOT for promoting professional bands. :naughty:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Not a lot of death metal fans around here. :roll:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
haiduk

Post by haiduk »

Thanks for leaving the thread up admin. Technically I'm not a band, Haiduk is a solo artist.

I love the melancholy of blues. But it's not enough, it's gotta be complete darkness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nulsBC6tnYM
mjo

Post by mjo »

Actually, I don't mind a little metal .. and you kinda had me at the start. What got to me though was the drums, I can't listen to that constantly. If you can break that up with a little funk and grove, I'd like that better.

! Rock on !
Hellhoundsonme

Post by Hellhoundsonme »

I have to be in the mood for metal and really, there are only certain metal bands that I like, just like there are only certain R&B, Pop, Rap, and (you name it) bands that I like in other genres. I am also that way about a particular album or CD. I might like half the songs and that's it.

But getting back to metal, I can't say that think of any bands in Death Metal that I like. Just to throw out a few names: Opeth, Killswitch Engage, At the Gates, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot and In-Flames have songs that I can relate too, especially when I trying to get in a workout at the gym.

Death Metal just takes it too dark for me and I don't like the Satanic references and imagery some of the bands have. I know most of the time its all for show, but it takes me beyond my comfort zone. Same goes for movies with too much of that kind of imagery. I see enough evil representations on the news everyday.

Maybe if I were younger....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I can admire the technique and precision, and the energy flows at high voltage. :thumbsup:

I'm afraid the closest I get to metal in my listening these days is where it's another genre with a touch of metal, like the prog band Riverside.
Even in my youth it would only extend as far as Sabbath who started up when I was in my teens - that was nowhere near as much metal as what you have linked here.

But, ahhh to be young again! :alright:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

My son is into prog metal (Haken, Dream Theater etc., I posted a record somewhere here) and musically far more educated, but it's simply not my taste... :icon_whoknows:
haiduk

Post by haiduk »

I appreciate the comments and feedback, and those who checked it out despite not being huge into metal.

@mjo - yes, breaking up the some of the drum patterns into more varied and dynamic sections was one of my goals for the new album I've just released: Exomancer.

Here's a track from it:

Haiduk - Subverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTA9_rocw8Q
https://haiduk.bandcamp.com