just hangin out

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ratfinkdan

just hangin out

Post by ratfinkdan »

just hangin out playing guitar on a rainy Saturday night, playing over a backing track. My first attempt at recording a slide solo. slide come in around 1:24. Hope you enjoy it! dan

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13327457
MichaelRobinson

Re: just hangin out

Post by MichaelRobinson »

You are absolutely on the right track. It sounds good, and for being the first attempt, it's very good............ :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nicely done and your slide work is making good progress. :cool:

I liked the conversation between the two guitars late on in the track too! :thumbsup:

I'm wondering what tuning you used for the slide guitar part - I remember how much of a difference finding the right tuning made for me, though it's so long ago I'm not sue what it was. I also remember how much advice about sliding up into many of the notes also helped my attempts at slide. I must get back to trying it again one day!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

It doesn't sound like a first attempt... swinging vibe and like VB said a very nice interplay in the second half! :dance:
Do you use a pick?
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Thanks guys glad your enjoying it! Standard tuning and yes I'm using a pick, I've tried to finger pick but it just doesn't work for me. I did find that finding the right slide really makes a difference and a guitar that's set up for slide. I want to play around with some open tunings but I'm kind of lazy about it and keep playing with standard tuning, I guess its just finding what works for you. dan
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I started in standard tuning, too - meanwhile my strat has permanent open G tuning... :big_smile: