(fr)Tweaking away

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

(fr)Tweaking away

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

First full BT recording with the Egnater Tweaker.
To be honest this is as far away from a real song as my right eye from seeing light :rofl: This piece is just a carrier for some sound testing.
Actually I'm just firing note flurries to see how the Tweaker responds to my playing dynamics.
Oh my, I had to activate the compressor on the Gmajor to keep the dynamics on the scale :) My DAW went beserk and tried to shoot lines above my screen :wink:

Anyway, here is the (rather long and boring) track. I didn't change any settings on the amp, but switched across pickup configs on my strat. Used the Volume control to cut off just a bit of that high frequencies ( you know just a tiny bit of rolling of the volume)

(fr)-Tweaking away.mp3 - (10.08 MiB)

The amp was set to AC (Vox - ish) other settings are below, as are the microphone positions.
Setting for tweaking away-2.jpg
Setting for tweaking away-2.jpg (242.96 KiB) Viewed 6738 times
Cabinets.jpg
Cabinets.jpg (592.54 KiB) Viewed 6738 times
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: (fr)Tweaking away

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Mhh didn't mention I switched off the reverb for the ending 30 secs or so ;)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

To consider. I use Google translator. :icon_whoknows:

HBL ......... You are pulling the listener and then, release. You make it through the whole song. You think your song is boring. I do not think so. It has variations that go home with me anyway.
Soooooo very blues. :pray:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Sounds a bit different than the other examples, which sound to me much more crispy. The dynamics are really very high and sometimes like you said made your DAW sweat :big_smile:
Anyway, again a great sound on a pro level. :clap:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks Michael :)

You are right Gerd, It is like it was when Cybie first came in. Took me a while to find the settings that are right for me and my guitars. This time I hope to be quicker about it.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Sounds very good to me, especially as it's so early in the process of getting used to the gear.

Difficult to describe what makes it sound good. It just seems to be right. The compressor on the G Major is working nicely - it's managing to cut the peaks without losing dynamics! :thumbsup:

I'll not say anything about the reverb v no reverb. In my persona of rVB I'm not an unbiased observer. :tease:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks VB,

this Tweaker is heaps of fun and it sounds just great :)