Where Is Everyone?

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

Where Is Everyone?

Post by tytlblues »

It's like a ghost town around here? This used to be such a thriving place....everyone posting, talking about their new gear, BS'ing about the blues!! New guitars.........

hmmm ok. well if any of you thing big social media like Soundcloud is any better...it's not! it's so big it lacks any real personality, and any true friendship....took me a while to realize...smaller is better when it come to like minded blues friends!!
thanks to Gerd for keeping this forum up and running.....we appreciate it...and hopefully people will return!

Well, here is something I played....maybe some one will hear it... And when I look at the bottom of the page.....the only people logged on are the Bots!!! Sorry for my absence...maybe I have missed some big melt down that happened here? Sorry if this sounds like a rant....it's just like returning to the neighborhood you grew up in, but everyone has moved out...

https://app.box.com/s/njjymvn12bltks22686lz3t92p6jrnjb
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Re: Where Is Everyone?

Post by VikingBlues »

Very nice laid back blues ... and you make it sound so effortless! :clap:

Such well judged note choices - well played spaces as well as notes too ... I don't know if that was the reason for the name of the track ... but it fits.

You're still plugged into the blues consciousness for sure. :bb:

There was no big meltdown you missed, just a combination of a gradual disappearance of some regular posting members, including several sad passings, and it seems that I along with a lot of still active members just find life gets in the way of being on the forum so much. There just seems to be less and less free time in a day. It is still possible for a thread to get a good number of responses but it's now over several days / a few weeks instead of hours!

I suspect that social media does have something to do with it - I've seen the same thing happened on other forums. I've not got the hang of the likes of face book and twitter but an increasing proportion of people I know seem to spend more and more of their time on those social media sites. :icon_whoknows:

Personally I know I also post here less than I did because my interest in acoustic guitar of a non blues variety doesn't exactly fit in here. Though I do inflict a wee bit of it on those patient members that are still around. I keep trying to get into acoustic blues but it just doesn't fire up. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
fenson

Post by fenson »

Hi Tom, Irwin here :D

Sounds like the so called same old blues...

Sometimes on down that old Life Lane Alley, (thnks2-SRV/JM)
All those passing by seem to see nobody (thnks2-RJ/SRV)
All those gonna do a houdini now someday
Every Greyhound bus'll take all those that got away (thnks2-TW)

Writing this, I realize how deep in the Blues...
This down, almost leveled with the ground ya know...
That point, when speaking is just as playing...

AhAh! Should I've had played I've said when "playing is just as speaking" :rofl: ?

Have you ever try Ninjam server?
Rather the the same old "Over-over-over dubbed Collab",
What do you think 'bout a "from the Ground-Collab"?
Ya know... Let's take a cover for example... Questions are: which one, which key, Duet, Trio... etc.
Others question might be: Why another cover, why not go writing our own...
:icon_whoknows:

You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend. (thnks2-JT)

:peace: :beer: :music1: :music2: :bb: coming here you might need another :beer:

IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Tom - the neighborhood is still there, but has to work... :big_smile:

Seriously, we all have a "real" life (in opposite to some kids, who are online 24h a day...) and so sometimes I can't be here as much as would like to. Family, work and other hobbies keep me busy, like VB and I think many other members. This has always been a small, familiar forum and there were times without posts for days, while on other days it's hard to catch up with all new stuff. Just listening to your Spaces (fantastic) while typing...
BTW - who's online can be disabled (I do this), so it doesn't count that much. Bots are not counted, so the page/upload impressions are a better way to control traffic.

This is a place to have fun and talk music, no one should set himself under pressure to post/upload. It's a great community here and I'll try to keep it alive as long as possible. :beer:

Anyway, I'll try to record something to your 1st collab - the fast one - but I have to practice a bit before to get the groove. :whistle:

A collab from scratch sure sounds good. And a BB tribute is still in the queue...
fenson

Post by fenson »

Well :D

Can't actually record but still can play and draw some scketches of chords voiving, licks and ideas...
Since a BB tribute is still in the queue & a "from sctrach Collab" got our webmaster agreement... :think:
I'll try to remember that next time I'll be noodling...

:handshake: Mr Tom. Listening to Spaces while typing... :cool: +1 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey... it's ending and VCL start to play VB's contrib to My Old Friend...
Nice job VB :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Later,
IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey Tom,

I'm still here. Been a bit (mhh) busy with work and house stuff, but slowly I'm picking up again :big_smile:
Good to see you around. Please stay. :fingerscrossed:

I'll be good. btw in little over a year I have my 10 years on 12bar collab party Look Below in my signature.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:music1: SWEEEEET song Love the spaces as much as the notes. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Some of your phrasing makes me think I'm listening to Bkent (Bob)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....