Fallen, accousitc jam

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Fallen, accousitc jam

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Felt like doing something different with the Fallen Backing.
Recorded another version of the Chord sequence. and after that jammed away on the second track.
Took out the really bad stuff :naughty: and this what was left. :D

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13230400
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Fallen, accousitc jam

Post by 12bar »

Works great, beautiful. I still wonder how you get this fantastic tone from guitar to PC. :pray:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very nice! :clap:
Reminds me of a tasteful acoustic jam on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". (In a good way :wink: )
I hardly ever play acoustic into the computer, because I have crappy microphones.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote:Works great, beautiful. I still wonder how you get this fantastic tone from guitar to PC. :pray:
Thank you Gerd, was a fun little jam to do :)

Mhh on the HowTo remark : :wave:

I used Little Sister : My Ibanez AE500e thinline accoustic's piezo pickup ( No microphones involved BB) :wink:

- The guitar signal goes into the Behringer MIC200 tube microphone preamp ( EQ set to "Valve" , low gain and low output levels)

- The preamp goes into a single mixer channel (mono) Foldback used to get a seperate mono output bus to send to my FX.
  This preamp channel also controls the clean guitar signal level to the main mixer output)

- The Foldback output from the Mixer goes into the Gmajor mono input ( still clean signal)

- The Gmajor (simulated stereo) wet or FX output goes into two mixer channels (NO FOLDBACK used here)
   FX: backing : Reverb, Delay and a tiny bit of Chorus.
   Lead : Reverb and Delay.
   EQ set to OFF

- The D&R MR600 mixer (stereo) output goes into the M-Audio Fasttrack Pro USB "soundcard" wich in turn sends the digitized audio signal to my
   DAW / Computer

THAT ALL FOLKS :beer:
Accoustic recording setup.jpg
Accoustic recording setup.jpg (73.69 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Blindboy wrote:Very nice! :clap:
Reminds me of a tasteful acoustic jam on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". (In a good way :wink: )
I hardly ever play acoustic into the computer, because I have crappy microphones.
Thanks BB, I have done a jam on that song to a couple of years ago. Loved it :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:THAT ALL FOLKS :beer:
So you mix the clean signal from guitar/tube preamp with the processed tone? :think:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Sure I do. Think of it : listen to reverb, you always hear the original sound to. With delay it's the same. Chorus is a bit less obvious, but since it's partly a delayed signal to. a tiny bit of chorus superimposed on a clean signal doesn't matter, it enrichens the sound.
BTW: the Gmajor has a setting optioning to allow or kill the dry signal through the effect. I have it set to kill the dry signal.
I'm still thinking of obtaining a Audio card/device with more active inputs than the two I have on the Fasttrack pro. I'd love to put my FX signal on a DAW track by it's own

Sure, you have to be very easy on the faders :)
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Melodic lines, moody arpeggios, tastefully played, great tone, nice recording set up. I think that ticks all the boxes! :clap: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Gorgeous playing and tone HBL....classic HBL tastefulness!! :D :D
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King