Old Gear Slow and Lowdown

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Old Gear Slow and Lowdown

Post by VikingBlues »

:eye_rub: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13180261

Yes - it's blues! WHAT????!!! On an electric guitar!!!!!!!! :yikes:

I had to resort to old gear to rediscover half decent tone and notes though. I've just sold a couple of newer multifx thingies that were doing nothing for me at all. :sad:

Key to getting something happening was the Vox Tonelab LE. A piece of gear that came out in 2008 and does the job better for me than any of these fancy-shmancy COSM loaded up to date modelling devices :motz: . Built like a tank but sweet sounds not laden with ghastly overdone artifical fx, and no multi layered menu systems with incomprehensible displays. Plugged into the SuperChamp XD clean channel and Line Out to the PC. Vintage Lemon Drop guitar.

Not at the old VB quality levels, but only my 2nd reasonable stab at solo electric blues this year. Maybe there's hope for my electric collection to stay a while yet? :think:

Backing track is a Dave Lockwood JamTracksCentral one - "Lowdown Blues".
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Re: Old Gear Slow and Lowdown

Post by Blindboy »

Nice! :thumbsup:
Good to hear the electric VB again.
Sweet tone... the old gear often sounds better to me. Most of my gear is old school.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Very nice tone :amp: , is there a lot of difference with and without amp?
Very well played! :clap: :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

You and I, VB ................ A few cold beers .............. You have a guitar and I have one. Teenagers in their best years ..................... Could it be better?

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice.

Good song you do here. You have not forgotten how to best use your electric guitars.

Cheers
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy, Vancouverois, Michael - thanks guys - good of you to listen and comment! :D

Glad it sounded good to you tone-wise.

I realised today I have used this BT before and have checked it was just over 2 years ago. I'm quite pleased that this new version, though different, doesn't sound worse particularly and has, I think, a better tone.

Playing so much acoustic has had an effect on my playing "style" (for want of a better word) though. Whether that's a good thing or not is another question. :icon_whoknows:

VC - there's not a huge difference with and without the amp but I feel the combination of the two is better than with either on their own. The Tonelab LE is excellent in letting the natural sound of the guitar through and so is the clean channel on the SCXD amp - just what's needed for my kind of clean tone.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!