Redhouse

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
DavieGarden

Re: Redhouse

Post by DavieGarden »

Well, unfortunatley the organisation in New York that owns and runs everything to do with Jimi Hendrix will not give me permission to post my version of Redhouse, even though I stressed it was for a non profit use and only to let you guys hear it. I will try to get around to posting something else of my own this time and when the New York people come offering me a deal thay can stick my strat where the sun don't shine, (man). :music2:
VikingBlues

Re: Redhouse

Post by VikingBlues »

DavieGarden wrote:Well, unfortunatley the organisation in New York that owns and runs everything to do with Jimi Hendrix will not give me permission to post my version of Redhouse, even though I stressed it was for a non profit use and only to let you guys hear it. I will try to get around to posting something else of my own this time and when the New York people come offering me a deal thay can stick my strat where the sun don't shine, (man). :music2:
Not surprising. :sad: I'm sorry to hear that DG - I really enjoyed my listening to you :thumbsup: - so now I look forward to hearing something more of your own - I have to admit to getting more enjoyment musically from hearing a lot of the members here playing than from most commercialy available CDs.

:motz: For those in the "business" music is not for enjoyment any more - it's all just for commerial gain. I suppose we can only be thankful that the Gibson "Hendrix inspired" cheap Stratocaster copy went pffft in a puff of smoke in the way it deserved once they realised the contempt that the guitar players of the world had for the idea. :clap: That showed up just what sort of principles are being applied in the music business.

I saw more commercial gain ideology today. The Who "Live at Leeds" - a great live rock album - one of the best. Oh look - it's a 40th anniversary special coming out - 4 CDs. an LP and a few bits of memorabilia - over £70 in the UK on Amazon.co.uk (say $120 or so at current exchange rates). Ouch!!! Not to mention its only about $65 on Amazon.com. And the Who are British - hmmm - why the big premium in the UK? But ... I see the idea of the limited edition guitar at a ridiculous high price is now being extended to CDs too. :angry:

As someone who rate the Live at Leeds as the best live rock CD they've ever heard and also recognise it as a major contributor to their realisation of the variety of tones that can be wrought from a guitar by playing skills - and someone who rates Pete Townshends composing, skill with chords and rhythm playing as huge, not to mention the great skills of Moon (I love lestening to his playing), Entwhistle and Daltrey - I still have to say - no way I'm paying that premium for what looks like a pure money making scheme by all involved in it. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Gee - I've not played much guitar at all in the last three or four days - it's making me grumpy as hell! Did anyone spot that!? :shy:

Now - where's those tablets? :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!