Chitlin Crew Stormey Monday 1e raw recording

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

Chitlin Crew Stormey Monday 1e raw recording

Post by ElMano »

Yesterday night at the end of the session we played a slow blues "one for the road" before we leave the studio. We started Stormy Monday, Our new keyboard/piano player Jordy has not played this whit us before. As normal the technician leave the table open and record the material. This morning he send us the result on sound cloud. We want to share the raw material whit you.
We like to hear your comments.
https://soundcloud.com/albert_v-1/storm ... itlin-crew
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
MichaelRobinson

Re: Chitlin Crew Stormey Monday 1e raw recording

Post by MichaelRobinson »

This smells confidence. Tightly and with certainty that some who aim to live on playing the blues.

It sounds ........ so....... &) (/ ¤% & ............... good ................ :clap: :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Stormy Monday is a classic, but you have found your own interpretation. Strong chord change, tight band - good Blues!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

ElMano, gotta say I'm impressed with the new Chitlin crew, sound awesome.
Best ever !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very impressive - your groups own interpretation and it works very well indeed! :clap: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Nice! :thumbsup:
I love playing this song, We have done a lot of different versions... It is open for a lot of interpretations.
I really like your take on it. The keys are stellar, and so is the guitar. :clap:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Thank you all for your reaction and positive input. After 9 years of building trying and restarts, i finally found a group of musicians that could work together and play like a tight band. Last Sunday i received an invitation to record this song. Saturday the 11e April the record studio is reserved for us in the City of Rotterdam. Beside Stormy Monday we get the possibility to play 1,5 hour to let them see what we have on other material like our own lyrics and stuff. lest see what happens. The same producer booked us for a 48 hour festival in September. Things start running again.
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

Very professional sounding.

:clap: :thumbsup: :banana:

I give props to the drummer for nice subdued playing. The vocalist has a nice voice. He could use a bit more dirt for this tune, or maybe just a tad higher volume in the mix, but it's good nonetheless. Let me know when your tour hits Southern California, USA and I'll be first in line for tickets.
Cheers!
Mike

"A broken angel sings
From a guitar"
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Last Saturday (11-03-2015) we have been recorded "Stormy Monday", and "Sell my soul to the devil for a dime" (a Tinsley Allis cover.) The Zap! studio's in Rotterdam are very professional, and we get a lot of positive input. The recording day was so relaxt that we only needed two takes of each song instrumentally. :phew: The voice was done in one take. :clap: :clap: We are booked on the 8 of may on a 2 day festival on prime time, and the sound engineer booked us for a huge blues festival in September. :banana: I 've got the raw material from the table, but i want to wait until the mixed an mastered results are arrived. Then i will get you all a free link so you can down load them if you like. :cool:
I will keep you informed!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks! Sounds like a dream! Where's the Blues festival? I live near the border...