6x8 Blues in G - Strat tones before finishing body

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

6x8 Blues in G - Strat tones before finishing body

Post by VikingBlues »

So - nearly holiday time. :banana:

As that'll mean finishing the self build strat body I made an effort tonight to record a piece properly - mic'd from the amp. Think I'm finally starting to get the hang of that. :big_smile: The Strat really only wants to play blues when I play it, and it makes me play in a different way to my other guitars.

If it doesn't come through the finishing operation with the same playability and tones I'll be mightily peeved. :sad:

The BT is a 6x8 Blues in G with a Backing Track from GuitarBackingtracks.com. EDIT!!! No it isn't:=
Ooops - Viking needs new glasses!! :alright: GuitarBackingTrack.com Under J for Jamtracks - "Slow 6x8 Blues in E" So long since I downloaded them I had trouble finding them again just now - had to do a search to realise the "J" selection needed. Thanks to Golfxzq who spotte dthe error. :thumbsup:

I like its mood and strong bass. Oh, and it's a Slow Blues - now you didn't expect that from me did you! :roll:

download/file.php?id=349

I'll post the BT up separately - I'm keen to hear what others do with it - or if anyone fancies starting up a collab with it I'd like to join in. :thumbsup:
Attachments

Slow 6x8 Blues in G
6x8StratTest.mp3 - (5.2 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: 6x8 Blues in G - Strat tones before finishing body

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I listened yesterday and love the tone (and dig the playing)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
BluesLicksMaster

Post by BluesLicksMaster »

Very good tone and tasty playing! :high5:

I felt like a slow blues this morning so I took a stab at this one too:

download/file.php?id=368

VB: It's great how different guitars make you play differently isn't it? I usually favor one guitar for a few months and when I start feeling stale I switch. Right now I'm very into the Yamaha SA-1100, I can't play anything else!
Attachments

Gmaj_slow_blues.mp3 - (6.08 MiB)

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too..."
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

BluesLicksMaster wrote:Very good tone and tasty playing! :high5:
Thank you for your kind words. :D I enjoyed playing this and am also pleased to be starting to get decent recordings that sound similar to the real sound from micing the amp. Even if my software tells me there's multiple errors due to lost buffers I don't hear any sound issues. :roll:
BluesLicksMaster wrote:I felt like a slow blues this morning so I took a stab at this one too:
I liked your interpretation of this - you've got a lot of variations working here to keep it interesting and there's a musical structure to your playing I admire (from afar :big_smile: ) :thumbsup:

As always I like to hear what other players can do with the same BT as me. Amazing how much variety there is in such a few notes.
BluesLicksMaster wrote:VB: It's great how different guitars make you play differently isn't it? I usually favor one guitar for a few months and when I start feeling stale I switch. Right now I'm very into the Yamaha SA-1100, I can't play anything else!
You sure make the Sa-1100 "sing". I've had spells of time where I've favoured a guitar then moved to another for a while but it's mostly been to do with tone or possibly slight variations with the style of music I've been "into". But to be honest this is the first time I've had a guitar make such a noticable change in the way I've been playing. The Tokai LC85 improved my playing and allowed me to play with apparently more skill, but that was really down to its great set up and being so wonderfully easy to play.

I'm hoping what's happening with this strat is an indication I'm starting to get the hang of guitars! :dance:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:I listened yesterday and love the tone (and dig the playing)
Sorry - must have lost concentration and I missed your comment! :big_smile: Thank you HBL - I was really just going for feel and tone so it's very unstructured - I'm enjoying getting a decent recording off the amp at last too. :cool:

I'm missing playing her and there's still several days of applying finishing coats to go before I can do the "re-mantling". :sad:
DavieGarden

Post by DavieGarden »

This is a great backing track, very laid back bass line and it lends itsefl to anything from a mellow jazz/blues orientated lead guitar to a power blues ballad arrangement of vocal and screamimg lead, I like this a lot. If I get time I'll do something with it. :music2: