Rabbit from a Hat

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Rabbit from a Hat

Post by VikingBlues »

I took the PRS SE out of the gig bag for the first time in at least 4 months. Having stopped coughing from the dust I tried playing it! :wink:

In celebration of the fact that it sounded much better than I thought it would through the SCXD I zapped a BT onto the DAW and tried to give a recording a whirl.

The BT is from JamTracks Central and is called "The Conjuror" by Paul Harvey. In F Minor.

:music2: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13032687

The backing in the slow to fast transition sounds a bit ragged - but maybe it's just my ears not working properly. It would be nice to know there might be some flaws in a recording that are other than my own mistakes. :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Rabbit from a Hat

Post by tytlblues »

Real niceVB :high5: :cool: very cool laid back track....at times it almost has a surf guitar feel to it! Still a great tone!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Good one! Shades of Santana in there for me.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

You really have chosen a difficult BT. All changes between tempos and rhythms is enough for me to understand that it's not something I can give myself and believe that I can handle. If I ever give me all you dare here so I wonder if my patience is enough to repeat again and again to the song stuck in your fingers and head.
For this, I assume that you worked hard to to get to it. Correct me if I am wrong.
I understand that it feels strange to go from a hard studying of Celtic music and from a Lovden guitar for this. There is huge difference in styles and origin.

:thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Groovy! :dance:

VB still got the Blueze :clap:
Wonderful tone, a great listen. :thumbsup:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very nice! :clap:
Good to hear some electric VB. :big_smile: The PRS sounds quite good. Gotta love P-90's. :thumbsup:
That is a cool BT. (reminded me a bit of Santanna, too) The tempo changes are similar to the ones in our Otis Rush cover, "All Your Lovin'". Even playing it live, getting tight on the tempo changes is tricky, and we can look at each other for cues. I'm not sure that I could pull it off to a BT. Nice job. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'd forgotten how good the PRS could sound, and it is the easiest to play of my 4 electrics. Very encouraging to hear I've not lost the blues - very kind of you all. Thank you for listening! :D

I did enjoy the challenge of this track - I get what you're saying Blindboy but at least in a recording scenario I can have another go if the transitions mess up too much. I would be a bundle of nerves with those tempo changes in a live situation.

I'd agree Michael - there is a huge difference in style from acoustic celtic to this sort of blues. It does make it seem a bit like an alien musical landscape. The difference in tonal quality and sound is huge too - and it can make it difficult to judge whether I'm getting the right sort of sounds.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
BigmamaDee

Post by BigmamaDee »

hiya viking, listened to your track but that sounds great! love how you keep your cool at the end section where it goes faster! laid back and if it were live ( i know... live you would need tranquilizers to not get nervous about the changes LOL) but IF this were live it sounds like you keep that grooving band in order and let you do your thing. so I say: COOL TRACK! :clap: :clap: :wave: