An acoustic and my voice

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

An acoustic and my voice

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Have got a few beers in me, which is not liked where I live. I live in a place where people feel physically ill and treated as children without any sense.

So here is how I sing. I do what I can. It's not much because I have my cursed COPD. I have at one time more control of my voice than this. I have had more dynamics in my voice than this. I sing in my native language to get some dynamics in what I do. It's hard to sing with any feeling at all in a foreign language.

I just picked up my acoustic and tried to imitate what I heard ones. Little grasp of finger play, I have well already, but then it was more folk music. I have not trained a single finger to play so it gets a little notes that are not heard as would be heard. I have not traind fingerplaying at all.

I can not let my guitars decorate the walls in vain. They should be used.

I realy wish I didn't had this cursed COPD. If I was tip top, I would sing for my life as well as I do for playing guitar. I would have somting to give to people. Give a sead or something.

download/file.php?id=2902
Attachments

Blues in my native language.mp3 - (1.79 MiB)

velvetlicks

Re: An acoustic and my voice

Post by velvetlicks »

harmonic, melodic, rythmic consistencies :thumbsup:
The voice in between Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits, with that lovely little verb :thumbsup:

It sounds like you've reach your so called "Comfort Zone" Mr MR :clap: :clap: :clap:
(Maybe you might consider to overdub some licks with one of these babies hanging on your wall...)

Good guitar playing, really, full of goodies, no matter few wrongs if there're any :thumbsup:

V.
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Hi Michael
Sounds good.
Your voice sounds like Roffe Wikström voice, the swedish blues guitar player and singer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG76BVm7 ... m7DJQ#t=42
Kalle
Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ system) steelstring Dreadnought
Yamaha RBX 270 bass guitar with Laney DB150 amp.
Yamaha RGX 320 electric guitar with Egnator Tweaker tube amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Good job - that has worked out really well Michael! :clap:

Fingerstyle with singing is tricky, but you've got that fingerstyle rhythm working well, and it all sounds very natural. :thumbsup:

I find it takes me more courage to make a recording of just acoustic guitar and my own vocal as there's no backing track to hide behind.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I hear no COPD, just a great acoustic Blues song, well played and sung. :clap:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Pretty good playing and singing that really fits well the piece! :clap: :beer:
Jan 15th 2007
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I do like your voice when you are Singing Michael, Mine would break all the glass in the house and you hit every note right on the spot.
Well played to, somehow this fits you well.

Let's hear more of that.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....