Blue drive

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Blue drive

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

A quick & dirty one. Recorded while watching the latest Cumpack PTFs applying on a IBM I5 system. So... it could be a flacky one ;)
At least I had something to do while watching and waiting.
PTF = Program Temporary Fix(es)

Mhh, Doesn't feel like a goodbye song for this guitar right now. :think:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12823596
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Re: Blue drive

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Yes. Surely, you need something to do. I recognize this. Restless as I am, and retired early and additionally single with no children so I do not have much to fill my day with. I do like you. I sit down and play. Most of it sounds fucked up but I'm killing time anyway. So I upload something that I know in advance is doomed because I hear myself faults and I am aware that in this forum there are people who hear that and react to it. I myself am no exception to that.

I can say as much as I like the distortion with much sustain. It's melodic playing. Well to be a pastime. It's better then I can. That's for sure.
jokron

Post by jokron »

A...nice one...love that you sometimes just let the tones ring out, I'm often to impatient to do so, play to many notes most of the time...

MR: Sorry to hear about your situation, I have the opposite position...married, four children, thirteen grandchildren and a old mother, all living almost next door, a big house, two summer cottages, full-time work so I hardly find enough time to develop my skills. Most of my recordings are snapshots when a couple of hours early in the morning gives me a little time to get into the flow...

But now I have four weeks of summer vacation, although the first week is mainly occupied by three of my grandchildren because both their parents works full-time and they have summer vacation from school... but after that I'm gonna lock myself in my music room now and then and make some progress...

:peace:

/Jokron
I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm glad you said what PTFs were - it saved a Google search! :big_smile:

You filled the time very productively here. Very melodic, even with that level of overdrive (good trick if you can do it). :thumbsup:

You certainly have the guitar singing very well :clap: - and if that's what it can do for you, maybe it's not the time for a goodbye song.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

A good one, nice drive and touch! :clap: :thumbsup:
Keep them coming!
Jan 15th 2007
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Lovely track HBL...nice tone indeed!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Melodic and singing indeed describes it best - just a pleasure to listen. Wonderful tone. :thumbsup: