It is what it is

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

It is what it is

Post by MichaelRobinson »

This I threw together in a hurry. I play on the Fender Stratocaster.
There was no rhythm guitar on the BT so I added it plus leadguitar.
There is not much to the world. Because I have listened to a guitar genius for a while and then one realizes how little one can and how bad it sounds, but here it is.

download/file.php?id=2767
Attachments

Track in G.mp3 - (7.12 MiB)

MichaelRobinson

Re: It is what it is

Bellogi !!

This is guitar genius I listened to. I have had enough of him for a while. Anyway. He is over 40 years old and have been playing since he was 3 years old. He claims that the music came so early in his life that it is next to the spoken language was a natural musical language. The guitar, he look on it like a typewriter. A tool to use to express what is going on in his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNUY8IrJi8
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

To be honest, I like your playing much more than this fiddling up and down. Not my taste...
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

12bar wrote:To be honest, I like your playing much more than this fiddling up and down. Not my taste...
+1
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Thank you, guys. Glad to be on the earth again. Reasonably anyway.
MichaelRobinson

I gives me the fuck on that GG played guitar in the womb........... :haha: :haha: :haha:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Just echoing what others have said already Michael - very fine playing from you here! Good that you have found that inspiration. :clap: :clap:

For what it's worth I would much rather listen to what you have posted here than to the Guthrie Govan video you linked. To me your playing is more melodic and I much prefer your guitars tone too. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Thank's, VB.
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

sounds Good MR, you have come a long ways in your playing in the last couple of years since you have been posting stuff here. I think we all are guilty of trying to live up our favorite guitar heros, I know I am. That sounded great nice playing, nice tone, nothing to be ashamed of there! Good Job! Dan
MichaelRobinson

I'm not so sure that GG is a guitar hero for me. He is more the type corresponding to the interesting non-commercial music style that appeals to me. It is clear that in the long run it will be very hard to take in all this genius he possesses. One gets measured after a while and need rest.